Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Tanks

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackice

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm thinking about what I should save up for next and was wondering what you thought might be the next important piece to add to my kit.

I'm currently diving singles with a BP, I'm starting my deco course in a weeks time.

I'm thinking about :
Canister light
Deco computer (Explorer)
Reg for Stage bottle
Rebreather (I wish)
DPV (I mega wish)
Second reel?

I'm not planning on purchasing this year or even in the first half of next year, it takes some time to afford these toys (and yes I know they are not toys!)

One thing that I forgot to add to the list was a new set of force fins the ones with the wiskers... they would be way cool. Nice hard , stiff fins that are really powerful but strong enough to push off things if needed and can do hover and reverse kicks.

Drysuit!!!!

At least that's on my next to buy list :)

khel

If you are headed into the deco domain, why not get the deco computer? Seems like many of the tech diving posts talk about dive planning prior to the dive, so maybe a deco comp. isn't necessary, so long as you have a slate with your plan on it, and a timer. I'm not even close to going tech, so I'm not the right guy to ask...)

You probably dive warm water most of the time, so you prob. don't need a drysuit.

Maybe the stage reg., and/or the bottle.

Sean

scubasean once bubbled...
You probably dive warm water most of the time, so you prob. don't need a drysuit.

Maybe the stage reg., and/or the bottle.

Sean
Well spotted Sean, yes I have only dived warm water around Asia so sometimes don't even need a wet suit or skin.

the only time I tried water that was "cold" was in a aquarium in Melbourne, Australia - damn cold like 18 degrees C. Wore a 7mm for that. And was still cold.

If you are heading into deco diving, wouldn't it be a good idea to get doubles?

Purely out of curiosity, what agency lets you do deco diving on a single?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom