Everybody else iced in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the whole city of LaGrange was without power this morning when I came into work.

Hopfully it will be back on this evening. :shakehead:

I can see a trip to Florida in my near future for sure! :wink:

Well, I didn't get ice but we sure got the snow. I tried to make it in to work and decided that I wasn't working outside in it so why try. I pulled the truck out of the garage and opened the door. I had snow up to the step tubes. I have a class on Saturday (outside) and not looking forward to it. At least I don't have to travel that far for it.

Hopefully everyone has power!!

Update: Power went out at 11:30pm Tues. Non since then. Tried 4 times to get to work, but got turned back each time.Stayed the day & night at mom & dad's house. No power there either, but there's at least a fire place for some warmth. The power company said 85%- 95% of custimers with no power;Could be 2- 3 weeks before all is restored. Bummer,..... Checked on my house this morning, no power & thermostat is at 50 degrees. Finally made it to work today. There is power at the mill, but everything is down. Going to be a fun day,....... Not!

Here in Northernk Kentucky, the kids measured 7 inches of snow from the first round, then we had a good 3/4" of ice on top of it, and another 6 inches of snow. We haven't lost power, so our thoughts with those that did.

Latest update: 1/29/2009 9:30pm- I got off work & stopped by the house. Those :clapping: brave electrical technician souls, pulled off a miracle & I have little electrons coursing through the wiring of my house once more. My mom & dad bought themselves a generator, since they live in a rural area & are usually way down on the list to restore power to. Everyone is much more comfortable now. I guess I get to spend the day packing tomorrow & then, Florida here I come!:D

Well, here in Owensboro we have an inch of solid ice with another inch of ice & 3 incehes of snow predicted yet, to still fall. I'm really ready to head south to FL on Fri. now.

I thought Kentucky was suppose to be hot all year round?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom