Everybody else iced in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Only June through mid Oct. (temperate climate) Then it's not only hot, but down right humid & hot!:D

we'll we've got second week (or 3rd, cant remember) of heat waves down here again... melbourne and adelaide reaching record high temps :dramaqueen:

right now i could do with some of that white slushy stuff you call snow

Good luck to those waiting for power... that's a major suckage factor... ours blinked a couple of times... but we got lucky.

Small world... I'm from Lebanon! Hello! :)

I hate snow. It took me a good hour and a half to thaw out my car today.
I want to move somewhere warm. :( I wish I could fast forward a month and be in Cancun. :)

Small world... I'm from Lebanon! Hello! :)

I hate snow. It took me a good hour and a half to thaw out my car today.
I want to move somewhere warm. :( I wish I could fast forward a month and be in Cancun. :)

Howdy!

I've ridden my bike to Lebanon a couple of times... just a few miles away.

Penny works down in Covington, in your neck of the woods.

right now i could do with some of that white slushy stuff you call snow

Not like this. It's quite beautiful, but did a hell of a lot of damage around the region. There are trees & power line down everywhere. The local Gov't had declared a state of emergency the other day to force people to stay off the roads (like that actually works), so that electrical crews & emergency vehicles could get through. Looks like we might get a bit of a warming trend for a few days. Hope everyone else who've been caught in this are doing well.

Well, JP and Chris haven't posted for a few days. Hope everything is ok with everyone.

I made it to work Thursday. The main roads were cleared but most of the side streets were still snow covered. It wasn't too bad driving those if you could manage to get into one of the ruts and stay there. With this weekends temps I am hoping that most of the white stuff will be done. I am tired of wearing 4 layers of clothes to stay warm at work.

Well, JP and Chris haven't posted for a few days. Hope everything is ok with everyone.

I'm back! Thank God for lineman from Chicago! We have been without power for 3 1/2 days. I made my way to Walmart for some much needed batteries and candles this morning, the Chicago lineman were staging there at 9 this morning. We got power back around 45 minutes ago, one of them knocked at the front door to make sure everything was O.K. and to let us know power was restored. It has been some very LONG frigid nights here lately.

Since we got our power back I've had a chance to catch up on the news. Our prayers go out to everyone that is still suffering through a very tough time. If we can help in any way just give us a shout.

Wednesday lost power. Thursday car stuck in drive. twenty two hours no power. Got a new generator and hook it. Ran less than 5min. power comes back on! O well I'll have it for next time when ever that well be.

Mike

Wednesday lost power. Thursday car stuck in drive. twenty two hours no power. Got a new generator and hook it. Ran less than 5min. power comes back on! O well I'll have it for next time when ever that well be.

Mike

Welcome to the club Mike! :D I got a call from a friend who heard from a friend of a friend that a new shipment of generators just came into a business about 26 miles from me. I hauled a$$. down there to pick one up to the tune of $850 and had it up and running for heat and the freezer for 6 hours before the power came back on. I still look at the purchase as a plus though, next time we won't be freezing for days, loosing food, paying for hotel rooms, worrying about our animals. We lost most all of our tropical fish without any means to keep the tank warm. :shakehead: I was lucky, I purchased the last gas can in town and had extension cords in the garage, they were sold out in all the stores, otherwise the new generator would have been worthless.

Well I had power back on from about 6:00pm Thurs. until about 9:00am Fri. I was in the middle of packing for FL. I figured what the heck, I'm going to FL anyway. As of the last time I called mom said it had not been restored. It is so nice down here. Don't have to wear a jacket or freeze my butt off. Hopefully power will be back on soon at my place. Mom & dad also got a generator for heat, refrigerator & a couple lights. They talked to the linemen working in their area & were told it could be 1-1/2 weeks before they get power again. I'm hoping mine will be up in a day or so (I'm on the same line as an elementary school, so they'll want to get that going ASAP).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom