Experimental name

What name should we give the experimental sub-forum?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You think this is bad? When we set up the Zen Divers club we needed three polls to get to the name!:D

Ben_ca:
When the Zen divers gets a local language forum will the software support Kanji? :D
I already mentioned that it the other thread. Right now the forum software does support Kanji, but whether you can read it or not depends on whether you have the XP language pack installed for East Asian fonts.
山 川
If you can read the two kanji above (yama=mountain and kawa=river) then you'll be OK. Otherwise you'd need to install the correct software/language pack. At the moment we actually only have a couple of Japanese members. One of the things that we hope to achieve with this experiment is to attract people to the board who can hardly/or not at all speak English. If they have a place they can post in their own language and we have a few people who can act as go-betweens then we may be able to make the board much more 'international' than it is now. The Zen Divers forum may well be the next place we try this by asking our Japanese members to ask friends etc to join and then post in that forum. We'll see.

Kim:
I already mentioned that it the other thread. Right now the forum software does support Kanji, but whether you can read it or not depends on whether you have the XP language pack installed for East Asian fonts.
山 川
If you can read the two kanji above (yama=mountain and kawa=river) then you'll be OK. Otherwise you'd need to install the correct software/language pack. At the moment we actually only have a couple of Japanese members. One of the things that we hope to achieve with this experiment is to attract people to the board who can hardly/or not at all speak English. If they have a place they can post in their own language and we have a few people who can act as go-betweens then we may be able to make the board much more 'international' than it is now. The Zen Divers forum may well be the next place we try this by asking our Japanese members to ask friends etc to join and then post in that forum. We'll see.
I rule. I can read them! edit: haha and they can even be italicized!

chip104:
I rule. I can read them!
Out of interest, can you also see what I posted in the Testing Forum - including the title in the posts list?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom