Failed PADI Rescue....now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm ready to re-do the course this month but I don't think there is one going ahead. My elearning course expires at the end of the month? Is there any way I can prove to the instructor that I still know my stuff for this course so I don't have to pay to take the course again?

Unfortunately that is not the Instructor's decision.

The Standards he/she must follow are that you have one year from the time of completing the eLearning to the time you finish your course. They have no discretion in that rule.

Last edited:
I'm another late comer to the thread. Having not read most posts, I would have to assume you needed some serious help with some of the practical rescue exercises. Extra help for OW course students at our shop means paying an instructor for his/her extra time--perhaps even a one on one thing. I'm no expert on the Rescue Course, but would assume some sort of arrangement could've been made for that over the course of a year. Unless the instructor simply felt you needed a lot more diving before attempting Rescue again. Either way a year is a long time in limbo, and no doubt frustrating. Recommending another instructor (or even shop) was suggested, but I assume your LDS choices are about as limited in St. John's as they are here in Halifax.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom