Fin recommendation for travel and sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Force Fins. Buy them on ebay.

GO sport works great for me, I have replaced my Eddy fins with them for local cold water, I have regular GO for warm water but the sport my replace those too.

What is the buoyancy on the GS fins?

A couple of month and a bit ago I did a SM and Adv. Wreck class in the Philippines in Oceanic Accell fins (found for $60 on sale a couple years back) which I love for travel due to their size and weight.
I had bigger, heavier fins in the duffel at first, but it was overweight (at home) so changes were necessary.
I can back kick in them, but not that well yet. The same however is true for my heavier, bigger fins... I attribute that issue entirely to me...
Just sharing that tidbit of info. Obviously I am quite new to SM and still struggle a bit with back kicking... and am qualified less than others to give that advice...

I like the new go sport too..its my second choise if i failed to get new eddy fins

Thanks your experience with them is very helpful. Ill be purchasing the GS. At the very least they will be my travel fin!
I was wondering if you ever purchased/tried out the GO Sport. I'm getting back to diving and I also dive sidemount. I'm looking for new fins that are light enough to travel with and I read a lot of good comments about the GS, but are they good/stiff enough for SM?

I was wondering if you ever purchased/tried out the GO Sport. I'm getting back to diving and I also dive sidemount. I'm looking for new fins that are light enough to travel with and I read a lot of good comments about the GS, but are they good/stiff enough for SM?

Jonathan Bird has a YT channel called called Blue World. He and some of his team cave dive SM with Go Sport fins. Check out his cave diving videos

I have all three, Mares avanti quattro, GO sport, Deep 6 Eddy. I am loving the Deep 6 more than the others but they are all great fins. I have heavy legs and always wear a 3mm wetsuit and 5mm booties. The Deep 6 and GO Sport work best to float my feet but I can back kick, helicopter turn and frog kick better in the Deep 6. My sidemount and tech instructor used the Mares and he was picture perfect at all of the kicks, he could back kick almost as fast as the class could frog kick. Can't go wrong with any of the three.
Just my $0.02

Thanks for the answers! I would love to get the Eddy fins, but I live in Canada and with the shipping and price difference I would have to pay around $100 more (maybe even more if I get hit with duty fees) for the Eddy than for the GO Sport. And I can find the Go Sport at my LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom