Finally Get to Go to Cancun / Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Dave, I'm really looking forward to the first trip next month and hopefully every year after that. Is the shop about the same distance (for check in), and am I correct that the boat (and our gear) are needed at the villa?

Thank you for the additional info. I've been to the two extreme border towns (which I don't consider truly Mexico) and all over Asia. Yep we have DAN, and the PP copy is a great idea. I have USAA for bank, and I'm pretty sure they'll reimburse any ATM fees (because they have so few ATMs), but I don't know about exchange rates.

Is the walk to the downtown plaza lit and safe (including steady terrain)?

The walk downtown is safe and generally well-lit. The terrain is flat, but you want to watch the pavement, which can be bad in spots. The Villa is about half a mile north of the plaza, so the walk isn’t bad. The Villa management (Chris and Chris) can always call a cab for you if you want. They will also take you to the Mega or another grocery store to stock up your fridge with beverages and any breakfast foods you want.

Thanks Dave, I'm really looking forward to the first trip next month and hopefully every year after that. Is the shop about the same distance (for check in), and am I correct that the boat (and our gear) are needed at the villa?

Should we add you to the November roll call?

The Villa Aldora is exactly 3/4 mile to town. And yes we do provide very nice bikes for our guests, along with the necessary bike locks.

On the other hand many guests walk into town, it is quite pleasant walk, then after dinner take a $5 taxi ride back.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

$5? Do the taxis charge extra because it's unlikely they will get a fare heading back to centro?

Is Villa Aldora North or South of The Coral Princess? We are spending our last week there via a time-share exchange. I don't know how good it is but hey, it's almost free for us :)

Sure! My wife and I will be there early 15th through about noon of the 18th (too short). I'm already booked for villa and dives at Aldora.
Take a relaxed attitude for the land & ferry travel. Have dollar bills and fives handy for tipping tricycle porters who carry bags when you need help (I like two dollar bills), DO NOT BUY ROUNDTRIP FERRY TICKETS, but allow extra time returning. Cancelations and traffic happen.

Take a relaxed attitude for the land & ferry travel. Have dollar bills and fives handy for tipping tricycle porters who carry bags when you need help (I like two dollar bills), DO NOT BUY ROUNDTRIP FERRY TICKETS, but allow extra time returning. Cancelations and traffic happen.

Great info. Wife's from Hawaii, so we're used to 'island time' :wink:

One more question for everyone. My wife gets cold easy, and I was damaged by lava rock once, so we like to wear exposure suits. Would 3mm be overkill in Cozumel?

One more question for everyone. My wife gets cold easy, and I was damaged by lava rock once, so we like to wear exposure suits. Would 3mm be overkill in Cozumel?
It was 85-86 at 70 feet last week....you call it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom