Fins, Fins and more Fins!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100days-a-year:
dbteel,Get the splitfins,any brand but the Farce Fins.I am 5'10" 190 and in very good shape(sub 5:30 miles and leg press >750 lbs per leg)I dive 150-200 dives a year from springs to rivers to offshore and currents from none to 3 kts,every kind of diving and for the past 2 years I have constantly been amazed at how well these fins outperform in every way(except price)every other fin I've seen.They cannot be "over-kicked"and there is no need to modify your kick.That is all media hype.I tried to "over -kick" these fins wearing 2x95cu.ft. lp tanks and 2x72 cu.ft. stage bottles.Wearing 180 lbs of gear in the shape I'm in they couldn't be "over-kicked" Everyone I dive with either dives commercially,as an instructor or 100+ dives a year.60% to 70% use S-P Twin-jets and are of the same oppinion regarding thier superiority.New technology is often met with much-deserved skepticism in the dive community Re:nitrox 15 yrs ago and Weight-integrated B-Cs even 10 yrs ago.Ask 20 divers from the shop you go to that have'em if they lov'em.

I very much agree with this. My only input is if you do go with a split there are different stiffness/rigidity aspects of different splits. I get teased all the time for diving a pair of TUSA's but they are the ideal stiffness for a split/ diving the variety of dives I participate in. I have tried many different brands and keep coming back to my TUSA's. If you want a fitted foot split I dive the Oceanics and find they perform very well, even in some rippin Coz current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom