First King of England to be a Certified Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Trace Malinowski

Training Agency President
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I used to be a member of the British Sub^Aqua Club after I visited in England back in 1997. Prince Charles, now King Charles III after the sad passing of his mother, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, used to be the head (or figurehead) of BS^AC. Members received a newsletter or magazine or something in which Prince Charles, at the time, wrote the editorial about the club's activities and training. Today, Britain might have its first king in history who is a certified scuba diver.

I used to be a member of the British Sub^Aqua Club after I visited in England back in 1997. Prince Charles, now King Charles III after the sad passing of his mother, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, used to be the head (or figurehead) of BS^AC. Members received a newsletter or magazine or something in which Prince Charles, at the time, wrote the editorial about the club's activities and training. Today, Britain might have its first king in history who is a certified scuba diver.
Vlad believes himself a king

Logic would lead one to believe that of course King Charles III is the first King of England to be a certified diver. The last King of England, George IV, died in 1952. The LA County instructor training program, (which I believe was the first organization to train civilian SCUBA divers and issue certifications,) was initiated in 1954. BSAC originated in 1953, but I don’t know when that organization began training & certifying divers.

King Charles III is the first King of England to be a certified diver
Anyone know the last time he dived? If he dived now he would have plenty of dive "buddies", where and how would they stow their weapons.🔫
Such fun.

Some articles and videos:

Prince William and Kate in Belize:

This thread has had a significant and unexpected on my outlook regarding scuba.

After I participated here, I saw clips of Charles addressing the nation. I looked at that feeble old man and wondered what it would be like for a DM on a dive boat to see him climbing on board at the beginning of a dive trip. That DM must be thinking, "Uh oh! What a geriatric! This is someone I had better keep a close eye on!"

I further imagined would it would be like if the situation were reversed. What if you were a new and excited scuba student meeting an instructor who looked like that for the first time? How would he or she feel about it?

Charles and I are roughly the same age. Hopefully I look a little better, but it makes me think a bit.

Back
Top Bottom