First King of England to be a Certified Diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fidel Castro was an avid diver. Always thought that was pretty cool.
An article on page 15 the November-December 1963 (Volume 8 Number 6) issue of Triton, the then bi-monthly journal of the British Sub-Aqua Club, which was published a couple of years after the Bay of Pigs invasion and in the same month as the assassination of US President John F. Kennedy:
img053-jpg.397707

King Charles III of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland dressed in a wetsuit in 1970 bearing the Prince of Wales crest.
prince-charles-with-his-prince-of-wales-crest-on-his-skin-diving-suit-B445RJ.jpg

It must be the revolutionary in me, but as an American, I long for the day when the only kings on the planet will be the four in a deck of playing cards.

It is said that Fidel Castro used the Jardines de la Reina [Queen's Gardens] as his private scuba retreat.

Who cares? I never understood American's obsession with the British royal family, a bunch of completely useless people. But look at any news stand and you'll see faces of Charlie or Harry or Meg all over.

I know that the first royalty to be up in the air was Ferdinand I, the King of Bulgaria, but in 1910 it took some courage to fly those primitive and fragile things called airplanes. But scuba?.. My 12-yearold grand daughter does that.

I long for the day when the only kings on the planet will be the four in a deck of playing cards.
:checkbox:

Who cares? I never understood American's obsession with the British royal family
There are plenty of us here in Australia who think the same.
Waste of space and money.

This was funny, he did 'test' a Poseidon drysuit for leaks, they were well made.

That is a helluva BFK strapped to Fidel’s leg in that picture above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom