First Reg Set

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Refresh my memory on what regulator we're talking about so I might be able to do some experimenting.

Refresh my memory on what regulator we're talking about so I might be able to do some experimenting.

G250
What, @couv ? You weren't willing to scroll back thru 13 pages of posts? Jeez! You're getting as bad as I am.

Oh, and since it's for Simon, see if you can't get them in blue or red, will ya?

Last edited:
@OWIC647 , whaddya think? Is a thin-sided 9/16" - 18 all we need for a G250 jam nut? I think total nut height,
to mate up with the hose is one additional consideration.
I don't have any idea what's going on here.....Not unusual for me though.

I don't have any idea what's going on here.....Not unusual for me though.
Well, let's see...
A week ago, a new guy asked about what brand to consider for his first regs. We got into a Deep6 vs Everybody shootout. Then we talked about what you should get "just in case you eventually went into tech". Then we bashed Scubapro for awhile, and the subject of their proprietary splined nuts came up. We've decided to throw out all our splined nuts and replace them with hex, so we don't have to buy a Scubapro tool from Scuba Tools.
Somebody mentioned that an Atomic hex jam nut will work on a G250, but I can't get one any more without buying a "kit" for $21.
So we elected you or @herman to make them for us at a loss.

Sound okay? :)

Oh. And we talked about BP/W too, to my great surprise.

Last edited:
This gets worse by the minute, lol!
DRIS' Atomic jam nut: Jam Nut
$24!!!!!!!!!

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Diveseekers, $14, it was $12 the last time I bought one.

G250
What, @couv ? You weren't willing to scroll back thru 13 pages of posts? Jeez! You're getting as bad as I am.

Oh, and since it's for Simon, see if you can't get them in blue or red, will ya?

Be careful Rob or you'll end up on my naughty list...Couv, I'm watching you too...

Well, let's see...
A week ago, a new guy asked about what brand to consider for his first regs. We got into a Deep6 vs Everybody shootout. Then we talked about what you should get "just in case you eventually went into tech". Then we bashed Scubapro for awhile, and the subject of their proprietary splined nuts came up. We've decided to throw out all our splined nuts and replace them with hex, so we don't have to buy a Scubapro tool from Scuba Tools.
Somebody mentioned that an Atomic hex jam nut will work on a G250, but I can't get one any more without buying a "kit" for $21.
So we elected you or @herman to make them for us at a loss.

Sound okay? :)

Oh. And we talked about BP/W too, to my great surprise.

Guess I didn't know there was a demand for them.....What would be an attractive price to move a lot of them? Not even worth me investigating it for less than $5.00 each.......The tirade of questions I get about SP parts now makes me not want to reproduce one ever again...

Given Atomic want $12/14/21/24 (?) I'd certainly be happy to pay $5.

Last edited:
We've decided to throw out all our splined nuts and replace them with hex, so we don't have to buy a Scubapro tool from Scuba Tools.

Not true, our friend from Libya believes that the splined nut is a true engineering innovation and that we should be proud to own the propriety tool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom