First snow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No snow here yet. It's supposed to get up to about 9C today. I think that's around 50F.

Diverlady

NJDiveGirl once bubbled...
Its 75 degrees in NJ on 11/3!!! Whats the deal?

You should reconsider your decision to put your gear away, and come diving with some of us. We went out Saturday and had a great time. Even saw a Butterflyfish still hanging in there!

We're planning two more dives for this weekend, so dust off your wetsuit :D

NJDiveGirl once bubbled...
Its 75 degrees in NJ on 11/3!!! Whats the deal?

No one around this weekend, so after doing our weekend chores & some house painting the dog & I strolled to the beach. Air temp mid-high 70's, water low 50's. We went for a swim with a couple other people. Swimming in the mid-Atlantic, in November w/ no wetsuits! Did get some interesting looks as we walked the 3 blocks home - me in a bathing suit & a drippy wet yellow lab! Didn't really plan on swimming, but it was so nice. :) Tons of people on the beach, swimming, surf fishing, reading, dogs running around. Everyone in a very convivial mood - the tourist are gone!

Ssshhh, NJ Divegirl - I'm getting ahead on the house projects because of this weather, I'm praying it will hold for another 2 weeks. The snow will be here soon enough...

Jersey

LUBOLD8431 once bubbled...

I hate you guys that live in florida, and wine about the winter... Its been nice up here this weekend, but we did have snow last week... I am not looking forward to this winter!!!!!

Hopefully goin to be getting some dives in before the winter sets in...

Had my fair share of snow. Lived in OH, NY, and VA...someone else can shovel it now. Someone else can chip the car out from under a blanket of ice. Someone else can change the flat on their tire when its a negative wind chill outside. Think I will stay in warm, rather than sing the old Jimmy Buffet tune "I wanna go where its WARM!"

Winter is for someone...just not me!

NC

I'm with you Knavey. I grew up in Mass and all that nice New England weather. When I was small (many moons ago ), I loved the snow. Now that I'm older (and wiser), I spend 6 mos. in Fla., And 6 mos up North. Find that to be the right combination. I'm a "snowbird" and proud of it !!

Look at the bright side; at least you guys can go ice diving.

That's a bit harder for me. I wouldn't mind trying that someday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom