First snow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Rick

I guess I'm your neighbor up a couple hours.... we live on Lake Roosevelt. We haven't had any snow yet, other than a few diffident flakes that didn't stick.

I've never given serious thought to diving the lake. . . Have you tried it? I've taught a few snorkeling classes on the lake. They always ask what they are going to see and I tell them it's just to get them comfortable with snorkeling a reef somewhere. Otherwise, they mainly see mud and little drab fishes.

Once I threw a bunch of junk shells in the lake for them to find. Most of them sank into the mud but we still find one every now and then, especially when the lake is low. Hope some poor sucker doesn't find one someday and have proof that conchs and tulips do exist in freshwater!

BTW, do you know of dive shop in Spokane that you could recommend?

cheers!

LTGD

love2godeep once bubbled...
Hey Rick

I guess I'm your neighbor up a couple hours.... we live on Lake Roosevelt. We haven't had any snow yet, other than a few diffident flakes that didn't stick.

I've never given serious thought to diving the lake. . . Have you tried it? I've taught a few snorkeling classes on the lake. They always ask what they are going to see and I tell them it's just to get them comfortable with snorkeling a reef somewhere. Otherwise, they mainly see mud and little drab fishes.

Once I threw a bunch of junk shells in the lake for them to find. Most of them sank into the mud but we still find one every now and then, especially when the lake is low. Hope some poor sucker doesn't find one someday and have proof that conchs and tulips do exist in freshwater!

BTW, do you know of dive shop in Spokane that you could recommend?

cheers!

LTGD
Doc Intrepid once bubbled...
Call Wayne Molesworth at Atlantis Aquatics.

16717 E. Sprague Avenue
Spokane, WA 99037
(509) 534-2144

Wayne's good people.
I agree. Best shop in Spokane, and the one I now use exclusively.
I never have dived Roosevelt. Lake Coeur d' Alene has a bunch of wrecks and it's close. Any real driving and I'm off to the Sound!!
Come join us diving lake Coeur d' Alene some time!

OOPPS! Dbl posted. Ignore.

Have just taken up diving here at home so am used to the cold. lol. But cold weather equals viz, viz, viz. And am warm in my Weezle as well. Bring on the winter. Also bring on March so as i can head off to warmer climes as well. Egypt awaits.

Should stay in Scotland for March, viz is at it's best then, although also at it's coldest, just dodge the storms
Having said that warm does sound appealing today, F10 winds and snow just now :( so the viz is kind of irrelevant.

Come on up to Vancouver...water temp is a balmy 45-50F depending on depth and surface temp is hovering around freezing. The vis is getting better by the day and all the sites in Howe Sound are completly deserted except for the few of us who are addicts. Dry suit, extra layer of therms, wool socks and we are good to go. No reg freeze ups as of yet either.

Back
Top Bottom