First snow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am stuckin the Central US. Here we get 1-2 snows a year for a total of maybe 20 inches. But we are stuck with the winter weather from November to March. Currently it is about 40F and would make for a very cold SI

DennisS once bubbled...
Yeah winter sucks, I was just checking temps along the coast and the water temp dropped below 80 this week-except for the lower keys, everything is in the upper 70's Brrrrrrr.

Today was an outstanding day diving in Kingston. Overcast, but less than 2 knots of wind and nearly perfectly flat surface conditions. It has warmed up and air temps were around 36°F, water was still warm enough at 44° to dive wet. I wanted to do a second dive but my buddies ran out of time, there was somewhere they needed to be (besides in the water).

You guys are spoiled rotten! Complaining about 70's water temps!!!!!!!!!!

C'mon up to Kingston sometimes............

:D

Yep, it was fine today. Despite the snow covered ground, water temps were still in the mid 40s today in Lake Simcoe. What more could you ask for?

:doctor: Cold Water Yeh!

Hey I believe I am the only Ice Diving Instructor in Florida. Not much call for it down here but when I lived in The Great White North of Canada we went for dives all year round. I love Ice diving as much as I like Cave and wreck. If given the chance I would be glad to introduce some of these Florida boys to Ice diving. You can always cool down when you are under water but warming up is another story. If you think that diving in warm water is the only kind of diving there is then you are missing out on so much. The Pacific Nothwest has excellent diving all year round. With the right equipment and the right training you can learn to enjoy all aspects of diving

is good ANYWHERE! Above the ice, below the ice, what's the diff? *narced look*

:doctor: Under water Hockey!

Hey fgray1 I use to play u/w hockey in my open water scuba class with my students. Under above the sport is a great thing. I even play u/w soccer under the ice with inflated drysuits- now that was something different. And you are right I am crasy

:doctor:
I wonder how many people out there have ever tried Ice diving. Most people I've instructed tried just to say they did it. In fact I find ice diving to be the most logistical heavy form of diving there is. In fact it is very similar technically to cave. What are you opinions? And are you willing to try it?

Ice cubes belong in a glass
Besides my wife has a hard enough time locating the family jewels as it is. :D But thats a another story.:eek:
Fred

Well, never tried hockey under the ice....

However we do an inverted form of water skiing under the ice. At the end of the dive you position yourself upside down with your fins against the underside of the ice sheet. Give the signal with the rope, then all the surface support people give a long pull. Just a short ride, usually only like 10-15 feet from the hole, but kinda fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom