Fitness Members only : Weekly Journal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did something tonight that I havent done in eons - the last time I lost the doughboy. I took my pants off without loosening the belt, unbuttoning, or unzipping. I'm still the same weight wise, 221# (weighed in tonight) BUT I'm pretty certain its a shift in content from fat to muscle. :)

CBulla:
I did something tonight that I havent done in eons - the last time I lost the doughboy. I took my pants off without loosening the belt, unbuttoning, or unzipping. I'm still the same weight wise, 221# (weighed in tonight) BUT I'm pretty certain its a shift in content from fat to muscle. :)

Good for you Colin. I can't say the same; I've not been very good this week, but will WI today and hopefully I've not gained any.

Rick

I was bad on the eating front, but I did manage to keep up with the exercise part. I'll just have to keep a closer eye on things this week...

Good news, i had put a belt on my pants to reign them in and stop them hanging around my hips - this weight and size thing is moving in the right direction!!

kelpmermaid:
I was bad on the eating front, but I did manage to keep up with the exercise part. I'll just have to keep a closer eye on things this week...

Don't give up Kelpmermaid! Sometimes we get off to a slow start. And the Holidays make it even harder! Hang in there. We're with you!!

Natasha:
Don't give up Kelpmermaid! Sometimes we get off to a slow start. And the Holidays make it even harder! Hang in there. We're with you!![/QUOTE

The stress of a job hunt is not helpful, either, but it does provide some inspiration in that the interview suits must fit!

I've lost 3 lbs since last week. The exercise is the biggest part for me. I've switched from having chips with my sandwich at lunch to eating fresh veggies. I also find that watching the portion sizes is really important. Funny but I don't miss the chips at all. I also bought Easter candy for the family that I didn't like. Easy to say no. The great thing is seeing the pants get more loose.
Congrats to everyone who found at least one thing in their life to make a healthier lifestyle!

I posted my weight loss on the thread for Tues. weigh in's. I lost 1.6 lbs this past week, which is truly amazing considering the family Easter dinner, eating out Satuday night and last night. Last night I had a grilled chicken salad and tortilla soup. I ate only a small portion of the soup and had them bring me a container to bring it home.

Today I did some stretching exercises, it seems that the workout I did yesterday using my hand weights I did something wrong and have hurt my shoulder at the rotator cuff area. It feels like a pulled or strained muscle. I am hoping it will feel better soon. guess I won't be doing those weights for a while. I will concentrate on lower body and maybe walking for the cardio, let the upper body rest some.

Hope everyone is doing good. Will check in later.

I'll go post in the Tuesday thread, too. However, on the scale here (at my in-laws in Florida) I'm 3 pounds less than my WeightWatchers from about two weeks ago. That's about what I'd expect as I've been shooting for about 1#/wk for the past 10 weeks (leading up to VACATION). I'm now at the weight that I wanted to be at the start of Spring Break so I'm not going to question the calibration of this scale versus WW.

-Rob

I've decided to be a Thursday WI girl. Hopefully, I'll have something to report in the minus column. I didn't get to do my walking last Friday, Saturday OR Sunday because of this stupid pulled muscle & bursitis in my shoulder. Was in sooo much pain had to find a doctor and get some medicine...makes for being very very sleepy. But Monday, I did get in some kickboxing. Seemed to help the shoulder some. And Tuesday walked 3.5 miles. I've gotten 2.4 miles in so far today. Going to do another mile or 2 a little later today. Meals are nothing to brag about, but I've cut way back and am drinking much more water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom