FIX S90 - Macro at Anilao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you were only 5 or 6 cm from the blue ringed octopus, you are a brave brave man! :amazed:

Do you normally find yourself using only one setting?

Your shots make me very excited to be there in 1 1/2 months :D

The blue ring is only the size of the last segment of my forefinger. It was busy trying to get away. It was so hard to get a good shot. Hate to admit it but I think it was scared to death as the blue rings get more pronounced the more stressed it is.

I guess the idea a little bite can kill a human can be intimidating but at that moment, I think I was thinking more of getting a shot than being scared or stressing the blue ring out. In hindsight, I guess I should be more mindful of each other's ''feelings"" :)

On Macro, I only have one setting unless I want to lighten the back ground. I just adjust the strobe power to lighten or darken expoe. I also change strobe angle or distance to lighten or darken.

When shooting WA, I start out at 1/125 and 5.6.

Always shoot RAW and ISO 80 though.

Last edited:
I guess the idea a little bite can kill a human can be intimidating but at that moment, I think I was thinking more of getting a shot than being scared or stressing the blue ring out.

The underwater photographer's famous last words :signofcross:

It is SO exciting to see one indeed!

Thanks for sharing your settings.

Lovely! All those rarities in one dive or did you do more at Basura?

MCP pic is one of the best i saw of 'em. So hard to shoot, never stay still.

Stayed a week and we never went to Basura. Was told it wasn't as productive as it used too, better go there next time *grumble grumble*.

Stacked UCL's Rock, say that 10 time fast:D

We did 2 day dives and one night dive. The number of critters at Basura or other muck sites is dependent on whether or not the locals do damage during certain seasons when fishing with reckless methods. This year, Basura seems to have recovered quickly and is showing promise to get even better the coming months until summer when fishing activity might do damage again.

Another muck site we frequent - Secret Bay or Mainit Muck was terribly affected by the construction of a Resort in the immediate area. It has since started its recovery and hopefully will be home again to all these critters we all love to photoraph.

We did 2 day dives and one night dive. The number of critters at Basura or other muck sites is dependent on whether or not the locals do damage during certain seasons when fishing with reckless methods. This year, Basura seems to have recovered quickly and is showing promise to get even better the coming months until summer when fishing activity might do damage again.

Another muck site we frequent - Secret Bay or Mainit Muck was terribly affected by the construction of a Resort in the immediate area. It has since started its recovery and hopefully will be home again to all these critters we all love to photoraph.

Curious -- I dive Puerto Galera a lot and there's not a lot of macro-specific sites. Is Anilao much better for it? If so, any particular reason? There isn't much difference in location...

Curious -- I dive Puerto Galera a lot and there's not a lot of macro-specific sites. Is Anilao much better for it? If so, any particular reason? There isn't much difference in location...

Been to PG but had an earinfection i got in 'Anilao Port' mucksite so couldn't dive. Went to many diveoperators there though and it seems like most have not been looking for muck/macrosites that much.

Bet there's lots of good macro/mucksites around the PG area, just that nobody scouted 'em properly yet.

Thanks! Didn't know Basura was one of the sites affected by fishing. Went there in Dec and Secret B was pretty good then, vis was very bad though and one time we had to abort dive and go somewhere else. All because of the construction going on and wind from the wrong direction.

Kept going back to Betlehem, both day and night but the regrowth of Nudis after winter storms had not kicked in yet.

Next time will try to go in March-Apr.

Back
Top Bottom