Florida Dive Show?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While it took much longer than anticipated all of the Photo Contest prizes have been awarded.

This year the photo contest has been replaced with the South Florida Dive Master of the Year contest, Florida Dive Show -

You can go to the attached link to vote.

This will be Dive Chronicles-Dive Shows fifth annual Florida Dive Show. Dive Chronicles has produced twelve CONSUMER dive shows in less than five years in five different states, California, Florida, Georgia (now suspended), Texas and Washington DC.

The idea of our shows is to keep as many people involved in diving as possible and to introduce a new generation to diving. It also gives local dive shops and dive vessels that can't or are not interested in attending the larger shows a way to meet new clients and old friends.

While DEMA (an industry show closed to consumers), Our World Underwater, Beneath the Sea, Scuba Show, North-West dive Show and others produce one show a year with most doing so for over twenty years, we are averaging four dive shows a year in smaller regional markets. Over 75% of our clients are repeat exhibitors and many have done every show in all five states. While we don't get the large attendance associated with the shows listed above our paid attendance has increased more than thirty percent year-over-year during the past two years in a very slow economy. Our exhibitors frequently remark that they are able to spend more time with quality show attendees resulting in a higher sales to expense ratio compared to some larger shows.

We at Dive Chronicles-Dive Shows are avid divers and our interest is in seeing the sport of diving thrive and grow in a changing world. We support all of the consumer shows listed above and hope that divers throughout the country will continue to introduce their non-diving friends into the sport which we all love so much.

Phil Rudin

Dive Chronicles-Senior Photographer

Just wanted to see if anyone is planning on attending the Florida Dive Show coming up Dec 5-6 in Palm Beach, FL.

Thanks!

I'm waiting to see what events are posted. The website doesn't have anything listed so far. If they have some good seminars I'll be there, otherwise not. An aisle of booths for Paradise Resorts isn't enough to get me there.

Last edited:
Well for all you out of towners, this year's venue is in the sparkingly new Palm Beach County Convention Center in an extremely exciting and newly developed area of downtown West Palm Beach. It is immediately next door to CityPlace a European styled mecca of shops, resturants, bars and movie theaters. Check out these links.

Palm Beach County Convention Center

CityPlace

If you have some spare time come diving right off our shores with scenes such as these curtousy of ScubaKev.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...379-boynton-dive-chronicles-new-improved.html

Hey, whoever runs this thing owes me one free ticket. :)

I've been to the show for the last two years. I'd have to say that attendance looked a little on the light side last year. Maybe the economy had something to do with that and its not too much better this year. That may be especially true if you talk to the dive shops. Interesting lectures (it was great to met Stan Waterman), but I agree with the remarks about the lack of a current year exhibitor list creating a concern at this late date.

Still no list or info on there website. Cmon get with it!

4 weeks away and still no Exhibitors/Events list on the website.

Does anyone know if there is actually going to be a show, I e-mailed them at info@floridaidiveshow.com (which is listed on their website) and it came back "Delivery to the following recipients failed"?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, when you click on their "contact us" contact e-mail on their site info@floridadiveshow.com, it actually converts itself with the extra i when you send them an e-mail and then it comes back "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)"

I have even less confidence now?‏

Been to the show twice, and both times it was pretty lame. Now if it was the scuba flea market like someone said, I'd be more inclined to go to find deals and do some shopping. Would make great sense since it is right smack dab in Christmas shopping season. It would also make sense, considering it is a "consumer" show. Ironically, last time I was there, there was a no consumer rule. No one was allowed to sell anything.

Been to the show twice, and both times it was pretty lame. Now if it was the scuba flea market like someone said, I'd be more inclined to go to find deals and do some shopping. Would make great sense since it is right smack dab in Christmas shopping season. It would also make sense, considering it is a "consumer" show. Ironically, last time I was there, there was a no consumer rule. No one was allowed to sell anything.

Well to be honest as much as I love and promote the sport I did not bother attending in the past years due to the venue being too far west and simply too run down and dusty. However, I am very much motivated to visit this year to not only support the sport and industry but also due to the fact it is housed in a beautiful facility and adjacent area....

Back
Top Bottom