For divers with 100+ dives - do you have a "happy place"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:blinking: A week from this Saturday. Me and the remnants of Ida. Last year it was the remnants of Paloma. Not too sure about these November trips... Someone should organize a trip in June instead. :D

Pretty sure we'll be on los barco azul again, which means our lockers are just below the dock webcam. I'll be sure to wave! :cool2:

uh...we do have one organized for this June...I assume you are still going with us:) you should be fine in a week...Ida will be just a faded memory by then...kiss Poncho for me

The South Coast of Wellington New Zealand.... Water temps range from 8 to 20C and the viz ranges from less than 200mm to 20m. Surge, currents, rugged reefs creating all kinds of terrain. And every now and then you get a dive when the sea has let go and lets you wander in total calm. Remnants of wrecks can be dived or a quick nip across the straight and the Mikhael Lermantov beckons. The harbour, silty as it is, comes alive at night! A new marine reserve on the edge of town and on it goes...

Living 30 minutes from dozens of shore dives and many more boat dives on offer... I see no reason to leave town... Though the odd excursion out to confirm why I live next to my diving nirvana is always in order!

Cocos Island.

Everything is just right. The lush tropical island with its cascading waterfalls, the sea birds, humpbacks with their calves, hammerheads, silkies, dolphins, tuna, galapagos sharks, baitballs, black tips, white tips, ahhhhhhh! For me, it's perfect. Add to this the Undersea Hunter group and their incredible staff / boats. Those guys do diving just the way I like to do diving!

Can't wait to go back.

Well, the caves are still my first love . . . but after our week in the Red Sea, the MV Tala is the open water "happy place" that anything else has to live up to. We had beautiful weather, the boat is comfortable, the crew is FANTASTIC and funny and enthusiastic, and the ones who dove with us are superb divers. We did site after site, all different, all marvellous in their own ways, full of color and life. We saw small things and big things and swam with dolphins. I don't know if I'll ever get back there -- it's a long way to go -- but everything will be compared with that trip from now on, I'm sure.

Getting everybody back on track again..........

My original question: What ONE place is so special to you that NOW, no matter WHERE you go, you compare it to that ONE special place. That ONE special place, your personal HAPPY PLACE, sits high up on a pedestal and no other place seems to match up to it.

(Not talking about your favorite dive or dive site....and it really only applies to people who have been diving awhile and also diving in more than one place.)

robin:D

For me it isn't as much about the place I'm going, they are are great and special in their own way. It is about he people I get to spend time with. I spent yesterday on a boat with 17 new and old friends. The conditions weren't great but being with so many wonderful people made it great for me. I've also met some lifelong friends while traveling.

Diving is just the icing if you have the right people.

Any place? Not dive related?....my bed. No other bed or room I've ever been to compares. Of course, I've had a LOT of beds...like 20 plus over the last 30 some years. but the one I have at any given time is my favorite spot.

Any place? Not dive related?....my bed. No other bed or room I've ever been to compares. Of course, I've had a LOT of beds...like 20 plus over the last 30 some years. but the one I have at any given time is my favorite spot.

I didn't say not dive related...... I said I didn't want to know your favorite dive site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom