FREE AIR FILLS @ LeisurePro.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grunzster:
Buy a compressor. Build your own blending system.

They already filled my tanks, I already analized them, and then they say I can't leave without the stickers, and to make it worse this a-hole working there makes me actually put them on before I leave. won't even let me just buy the stupid sticker!

Sounds like unlawful restraint. Next time just call a cop.

Are any of you people car salesmen? :D
I recently bought a new truck. I built the truck that I wanted on the manufacturer's internet site, then I looked at the inventories and prices at 5 dealerships via internet, and compared them to my local car dealer's.
I called each dealer, told him exactly what I wanted, and that I was in touch with 5 other dealerships. What is your best price?
In the end, I bought the exact truck that I wanted for $6,000 below the sticker price, and $3500 below my local car dealership's bottom price.
Am I putting my local dealer out of business?
Will I have a servicing problem?
No!!
The local dealer needs to get with the times, and there are plenty of places to service the truck. Half of the time I am on the road somewhere when the truck gets serviced anyway!
The internet can be a great tool. I am not afraid to use it!

ravi:
All right,
I swear i am not trying to pick a fight...BUT
Well, first it sounds like i wouldn't shop there about the EAN Decals. Personally if they said I had to buy them I would ask how they could fill them without me having those labels on. I mean some newbie, in the shop could steel them and get ox tox :p Or i'd say i don't want them and you can have your nitrox back!

Seriously though...kinda, how much should they charge you if they don't have a per cu ft fill plan?

I don't know about the shop you have, but here:
figure a pair of oms LP 119's, double dins, iso valve, bands, boots, and the air in them, maybe they weigh 100 lbs, just guessing.
we have to lift them up, bring them over to get analyzed, put the FO2 and PSI into the computer, take the doubles to the cascade, bring them over to the fill station to top them off, analyze them, put them some where till you come to pick them up, bring it over for you to analyze it yourself, and then carry them out for you. so, because you are just having them "topped off" the shop shouldn't charge the price of to EAN fills. Again, i am not trying to piss you off, just tell you what your shop might have to go through to fill tanks.

did you tell them when you needed the pony tank by?
Well I'd say if it's a set of doubles that are at least half full, charging the price for a fill on a single tank would be fair.

Most of the shops I've been in the analyzer is right at the fill station or a hand held which can be carried over to the tanks. I've seen myself as well as other customers pretty much hauling our own tanks around in any shop I've ever been in. And when tanks do have to move to be filled it's really only a few feet.

When I dropped it off I said I needed it for the following Saturday.

MikeFerrara:
Sounds like unlawful restraint. Next time just call a cop.
I should have just paid for the fills and left. Then see if they tried to stop me. The only reason I didn' make a big issue out of it is because my dad uses that shop, and didn't want him to have to hear a bunch of BS the next time he went in there.

because you own a dive shop and dislike free market?

Your question does seem one sided....

Back
Top Bottom