From coldwater Colorado to warm water Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OldGasser

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am in the US and just moved from Colorado to Florida. It is so nice to have warm water to dive in after the cold mountain lakes in Colorado.

My wife and I are both over 50 and not in such great shape anymore (unless the shape of a pear is your ideal figure). We stopped diving in Colorado several years ago because the cold just took too much out of us and there really wasn't much to see. We would take vacations to warm water destinations and, after all of the beauty to be found there, the murky dives to see mostly wet dirt just did not hold much attraction.

Now that we are here in Brandon, Florida we are getting back into it. We are starting off with some snorkeling around Bradenton, Fl. Assuming all goes well, we will get the tanks hydroed and the rest of the gear serviced and do some beach dives to get comfortable with everythiing again.

We dove quite a bit when we lived on Long Island, NY USA. In fact we had a small boat on the the north shore of Long Island and we stayed on the boat on the weekends (having lobster every week was really nice); but that was over twenty five years ago. Time sure flies when you are having fun!

Well, have a great time diving. I know we will!!

Welcome to ScubaBoard.

After 12 years of the mountains of Colorado, we are also planning a move to FL. Not sure when, and unfortunately in the past couple years housing prices in FL have exploded.. sigh...

In any event, have fun in your new home, and enjoy SB. There is a great group of divers from FL in the Conch section in the forums! I have dove with several of them, and all I can say is that they are nicer, and more fun in person then on the board!!

Cheers!

Welcome to the board!

Joe

I just moved here this June from Fort Collins - welcome to Florida! The skiing sucks and I haven't found any good Mexican food yet, but I'm way hooked on the diving! You guys should check out the springs if/when you get the chance.

Good luck on your acclimation. You might add your location to your Profile, complete your Dive Info, and be sure to drop in on the Florida forum...

:cowboy2: don

Welcome to Scuba board and Florida is a sweet dive opp,but wait till summer gets a bit warm,but any thing goes after living in a ice box half my life half the year!
Dive safe,
Brad

OldGasser:
We dove quite a bit when we lived on Long Island, NY USA. In fact we had a small boat on the the north shore of Long Island and we stayed on the boat on the weekends (having lobster every week was really nice); but that was over twenty five years ago. Time sure flies when you are having fun!

Well, have a great time diving. I know we will!!
I know you will too! What a nice intro, welcome to SB! Welcome to our lovely Sunshine State as well. Let's not leave out welcome back to diving!!! :D You are in for a treat... The Florida Conch Diver's forum has all the local information and dive buddies you seek! Check the boards for info on LDS near you. I travel 45 minutes to Hammerhead Dive Center in Lakeland. However, they're in a new shop as of November 1st and I haven't seen it yet.... Anyway, dive in any of the many "gatherings of The Conchs!" Be safe and enjoy!!!

Welcome to the board and welcome back to the world of diving.
cheers

Welcome to Florida!! I'm on the opposite coast on State Road 70...You'll love the diving over there...Of course, it's not bad here either....ENJOY!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom