Question From jacket to BP and Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flgrizzy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all.
I read through various areas of the site and I THINK I made a good decision ?
I've been looking at gear options (been away from it for over 20yrs). Most of my diving will be in the Florida springs (just more of a convenience to get in the water) and the occasional trips to the coast / ocean. Even rarer will be vacations where I'll more than likely rent most of the gear. I just bought a very lightly used BP/wing set up (Steel BP). Going from a jacket style way back when.... seems to be the way to go. Thoughts ??

Post some pictures of it, BP/ wing is certinly an improvement, and itll
Change your position in the water, make sure it’s a tight fit, you want you and the kit to be one, it shouldn’t be loose.

BBDF94CA-EBD5-438F-B2D0-44CEACFE2B74.jpeg

Attachments

• 34EBCD3B-9CEB-42B7-99A6-165588ADAD78.jpeg
    34EBCD3B-9CEB-42B7-99A6-165588ADAD78.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 58
I did the same 5 months ago, it took me a good 3-4 dives to get the set up dialed in fully. But it is so much better compared to a jacket type BCD. Good luck and safe bubbles

I did the same 5 months ago, it took me a good 3-4 dives to get the set up dialed in fully. But it is so much better compared to a jacket type BCD. Good luck and safe bubbles
Thanks ... I'm looking forward to the new experience ! You stay safe out there too :diveflag:

Post some pictures of it, BP/ wing is certinly an improvement, and itll
Change your position in the water, make sure it’s a tight fit, you want you and the kit to be one, it shouldn’t be loose.
Thank you ... Pics added too.

Hi all.
I read through various areas of the site and I THINK I made a good decision ?
I've been looking at gear options (been away from it for over 20yrs). Most of my diving will be in the Florida springs (just more of a convenience to get in the water) and the occasional trips to the coast / ocean. Even rarer will be vacations where I'll more than likely rent most of the gear. I just bought a very lightly used BP/wing set up (Steel BP). Going from a jacket style way back when.... seems to be the way to go. Thoughts ??

Why do you think this is an improvement?
"Because everyone is doing it?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom