Question From jacket to BP and Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 1st BC I ever owned 1990 is still usable.

(I only changed to have integrated weights)
FOR ME... whether archery, firearms, diving etc - I check out technology, new gear and update my equipment for comfort, ease of use and various other reasons. Sometimes things are better... sometimes not. To each their own and I appreciate all of the input / views. Thank you.

Nope.... I see the advantages and attraction of - what I believe will be more comfort, more streamlined, adjustability (more of a custom fit), modularity and ease of replacing specific parts if / when they need to be done.
Those pics you posted have some doo hickeys that I don’t think are necessary, you don’t need the padding on the shoulder unless you’re diving without a shirt on. I also think the back pad is unnecessary, looks like book screws are holding the weight pockets on, not sure why they’re not on the waist stra

I only ask bc I "upgraded" to a back inflate around 2011, and now I'm back to a jacket style, and glad I "downgraded"

Back inflate BC was putting me face down on the surface, HATED the struggle to stay upright.

Lesson learned, back inflate BCs attempt to cure a skills issue with equipment

I only ask bc I "upgraded" to a back inflate around 2011, and now I'm back to a jacket style, and glad I "downgraded"
I understand - YOU tried it and went back to what YOU liked - Nothing wrong with that.
After selling my gear many years ago, I'm attracted to the (new to me) style of BP/W as a " modular system" (for the reasons that I mentioned earlier). Additionally, all of the reasons that I read about made it even more appealing FOR ME TO TRY it. I simply see many more positive than negative reasons.

You asked for opinions, I simply gave mine. Enjoy the new gear!

Back inflate BC was putting me face down on the surface, HATED the struggle to stay upright.

Lesson learned, back inflate BCs attempt to cure a skills issue with equipment
Hmmmmm.... I saw that in articles too. So I ask - Would that be a weight distribution issue ? ... OR simply a bit of learning / training with a new type of BC ???????

Back
Top Bottom