FS Aqualung Legend LX acd supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Truly a bummer. My best dive buddy bought a "barely used" Legend LX Supreme ACD on ebay, and upon taking it in for servicing before diving, ended up literally throwing it away. It was so corroded internally that the techs had to use prybars to get everything apart. Caveat emptor (sp????)

The guy'd better make it good with you. I've had such darned good luck purchasing on the board, but I can imagine how discouraged you are. Don't let one rotten apple ruin it for you. Photos don't always help either..........my buddy's reg. looked super from the outside, not a mark on it.

And people wonder why we become cynical and lose our ability to trust as we get older!:shakehead:

Thanks montanadivenut, this was my first purchase on the board, and although it was in all likelihood an isolated incident it will probably be my last. I have been trying to communicate with the seller here on the board and through PM but he is avoiding me. mike_s, I really appreciate your effort in describing the differences in the legend regulators, it is painfully obvious that this is no lx. While they are all quality regs, I would prefer to have received the one I paid for, and as you said there is about a $115.00 difference, and I'm a poor college kid.

Hey mike, great explanation you obviously no what your talking about. Im not taking sides just asking a question. In zransom original pic it appears that the reg does have a inhalation knob. But very poor light to verify for sure

Thanks montanadivenut, this was my first purchase on the board, and although it was in all likelihood an isolated incident it will probably be my last. I have been trying to communicate with the seller here on the board and through PM but he is avoiding me. mike_s, I really appreciate your effort in describing the differences in the legend regulators, it is painfully obvious that this is no lx. While they are all quality regs, I would prefer to have received the one I paid for, and as you said there is about a $115.00 difference, and I'm a poor college kid.

The thing that really burns me up is that Zach is a good kid. He's working two jobs to pay his way through college. He's also working his butt off to get his DM. I have a daughter just about his age, so my parental instinct kicks in. It's just a shame we have folks on this board that would take advantage of fellow divers, let alone one that has to work so hard to come up with the money for his equipment. It really pisses me off to be frank.

Reg004.jpg

SDIVER679, this is a bit of a better angle, you can see it has the venturi adjustment like all legends, but is lacking the diver controlled inhallation knob specific to the lx as well as the snowflake and silver facetrim as described by mike s

that IS a much better picture ... i too thought there was an inhalation knob from the first poor picture ...

that being said... SCUBA BOARD needs to get involved with this member, he clearly breaks rules regularly and posts negative or non-related comments ...

i would be surprised if they were not equipped with the ability to figure out exactly how many times he has been reported and had posts removed ... in which case, he should be expelled...i WILL tell you this, one of the problems with the way mods remove dumb or inappropriate posts and comments, is that when you try to look at someone's history to find out about their personality before you make a purchase, the negative comments are all "gone" ... such as this case ... where i have literally SEEN his comments removed never to be read again ...

i also noticed someone else posted that it's a bit strange how someone who no longer dives has every comment in the world to make about criticizing others but can't handle his OWN listings and comments ... this is true and maybe this guy is just miserable with life and wants to make others feel the same?

its one thing to be a miserable old bastard but honest, its something completely different to be a liar and thief. i hope that MRTZ is not a liar and thief. i wouldn't be so upset myself if the guy gave the kid his money back. i personally believe that MRTZ should pay the shipping however ... the kid paid the first time ... why pay again if the seller was faulty?

MRTZ, refund and leave the board ... there's no room for your negativity.

Sorry if I was a bit short with some of you. I'm pretty pissed and was wanting us to move beyond "is it or is it not an LX." Zach's recent photos shows that more clearly. In the base Legend, they put a short nub with a cap in place of the knob. This is there the venturi assist attaches. It's short and squat and doesn't turn to adjust inhalation effort. With the LX there is a knob that sticks out quite a bit beyond the venturi assist. This knob is used to adjust inhalation effort.

I realize now that obviously many folks don't know about the various models of Legend and the features that differentiate them just like I know absolutely nothing about the various Scuba Pro models. Thank you Mike_S for so capably educating everyone.

Sorry if I was short and pissy. It is completely directed at MRTZ. Like RonzoTheGreat said ..... refund his money, he'll return the reg at his expense and then just please leave the board. You're not doing anyone any good with you contributions.

Hey mike, great explanation you obviously no what your talking about. Im not taking sides just asking a question. In zransom original pic it appears that the reg does have a inhalation knob. But very poor light to verify for sure

that IS a much better picture ... i too thought there was an inhalation knob from the first poor picture ...

Yeah...the first picture posted by zransom doesn't clearly show the lack of that knob. (if you don't know what to look for. easy to miss if you're not familiar with this reg.).

The Venturi plastic lever housing (not a knob) looks like a knob in that first pic that Zransom posted, . that was why I posted the parts diagram earlier so folks could see, but it's still hard to tell if you're not sure what to look for. (easy to miss).

The Venturi plastic housing does turn, but when you push the Venturi Lever

I popped together this quick diagram of the ID differences in the Legend and the Legend LX with some pointers to the differences in two pics of the regulator purchased and a Legend LX 2nd stage at about the same angle.

This should make it a lot clearer for everyone.

If you compare the two pictures in the below diagram, it's clear that the buyer did NOT get the LX version of the AL Legend regulator or the Supreme version that was "Sold" to him in this thread. (also see "snowflake" pics in previous posts. I saw no reason to re-post them).

Hope this helps...

Mike

Legend-LX-differences.jpg

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

MRTZ does not have the ability to post on this forum. If anyone has the ability to help ZRansom with a small claims case, I'm sure he would be most thankful. :)

Back
Top Bottom