Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have the exo 26 and hate them

1. They are HEAVY
2. Out of 6 divers not 1 of us can make a seal, they are always leaking
3. If you dont disassemble the ear speakers and dry them every time they rust and ruin in a few days
4. The hard wired "bananna" type screw connections for the comms are TERRIBLE. you can never get it to stay tight, the plastic nut strips out.
5. Field of view sucks!
6. The way the speakers sit and flop around they are never near your ear, you have to make sure you are holding your breath to hear topside even if it is turned up, or the sound of air coming through the regulator drownds out the speakers.
7. When water gets in your mask everytime you take a breath mist of water droplets hit your face and eyes
8. If you have to do any upside down work, you basically have to pull the air into the mask every time you breathe. We end up have to crack the purge valve open to help you breathe

I was not involved in the purchase of these units, but would like to have a word with whoever did. I believe they went to the LDS and was blown smoke to purchase these. They should have done their research, realized every department around here uses the AGA/Interspiro FFM, and went in that direction. We got the masks on a grant 7 years ago, and are now stuck with them since our budget does not allow us to purchase different ones :(

As blade stated we recently boughta few Divator MK II FFM with hard wire from dive rescue international and couldnt be more happy with them in fact I have use it in all my diving even off coast of nc wreck diving .
I am working some times as divemaster on dive boat ,
we have started using them when I go down to verify setting the hook as they say so much safer than just going down byself to set hook they have comm with me the whole time .
I purchased both and after a period of time, I "retired" the EXO and stuck with the Interspiro Mk II (a/k/a the AGA mask). With the Interspiro mask, the field of view is better (not that we see that much anyway), it is lighter in weight, it is typically cheaper and easier to maintain and it allows for convenient accessory options. Options include the "hatch" that allows the diver to breathe air on the surface while the mask is donned, without depleting the scuba cylinder. The Interspiro mask also allows accessory rails to be added to the lens so a diver can mount lights or video systems on the mask (shown at: Dive Rescue International - Equipment for water rescue professionals). Field repairs (if needed) are easier with the Interspiro mask and the firefighters on your team will adapt to the Interspiro mask easily since it is very similar to the SCBA face pieces that they already use.

It will be interesting to see what other forum members have to say but I suspect a large majority of the PSD team members will also prefer the Interspiro Mk II mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom