Full foot fins - do you wear socks or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mistressmotorsports

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am picking up some lightwieght full foot fins for the occasional warm water boat only trip. I currently dive everywhere with thick boots and spring straps on open heel fins. My question is how many of you wear neoprene or other socks with full foot fins? If so, do the socks help to reduce sores on your heels or otherwise? Thanks for any advice.

Mike

If the fins fit correctly, you should be fine. That being said, I would take a pair of socks on any trip until I was sure :)

They don't take up much packing space, and I'd rather have the option if the fin starts rubbing wrong instead of being stuck in pain.

I did get booties to go with my full foot fins as they are a touch big. However, it doesn't seem like it makes any difference if I wear them or not - though my feet a quite a bit warmer with the booties on (not necessarily a good thing).

Back
Top Bottom