Full foot or boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How is status tied to whether your fins are full foot or strap?

Which by the way, if you would get spring straps for your fins, you're scenario would actually play out better. Your on watch with your booties on, something happens and you need to get in the water, you'll have better traction with booties on and you'll have some foot protection. You'd hate to stub your toe and have it get infected.

You'll learn in your DM class that if you're on watch there are a variety of ways to manage the incident and they don't necessarily involve you diving in the water.

For warmer waters, they do very well........plus, generally speaking, they Cheap...

Full foot split fins with lots of sparklies, the only way to go......

Chug
Likes what you like.

I have both. No hatting here. I do think that open heel fins have more benefits in cool water and shore entries. I use my Jets in these situations or in Tech situations. I like my Scubapro twin speed full foot fins for warm water snorkeling.

If able , I perfer full foot fins . They feel much more natural and I find them more responsive . An extension of the foot without boots and straps , I love em .
The only place they are practical is boat diving in warm water . I would take them any day over open heel and boots .

If shore diving forget it , too many sharpies especially in the shallows and iron shores.

I own two pairs of full foot and two pairs of open heel .

I do not feel protected from tanks or weight belts breaking my feet with the added neoprene of a Bootie.

If you are warm water boat diving the full foot fin will work great and you have two less pieces of gear to pack . If a combination of boat and shore , the boots and open heel are much more comfortable for entrys and exits , so I am probably in the minority as I use my open heels only for drysuit diving , shore diving in bonaire . If I am diving Cozumel I am only taking my full foot Apollo fins, and I am overdue for such a trip!

... "Considering the fact that your avatar seems to show you violating Federal and Hawaii State Law, don't bother changing your profile; it seems to accurately reflect your State of Mind."

That pic wasn't taken in Hawaii -- and I'm also not actually making contact.

Last edited:
it looks like what it looks like; you chose an avatar pic that looks like that :idk:

... "Considering the fact that your avatar seems to show you violating Federal and Hawaii State Law, don't bother changing your profile; it seems to accurately reflect your State of Mind."

That pic wasn't taken in Hawaii -- and I'm also not actually making contact.

plus it's probably a rubber, blown up turtle.......:wink:

Back
Top Bottom