Fundies kicked my a$$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I feel compelled to note that this comment is a bit inaccurate. DCBC is indeed still a member of our community and posted as recently as last month.
Yea, I ran off and looked him up. :wink:

Chronic bashers don't tend to last on ScubaBoard ... for some reason, they wear out their welcome. In your case, I'd say you've done an exemplary job of destroying your own credibility.
Yeah, I've only been posting here for 4 years, I guess I should be worried.

Speaking of credibility, I'm just a bit curious how someone can rack up 2,500 dives in 10 years in cold water and also hold down a day job and also make 23,000+ posts . Pretty impressive, I'll say.

Speaking of credibility, I'm just a bit curious how someone can rack up 2,500 dives in 10 years in cold water and also hold down a day job and also make 23,000+ posts . Pretty impressive, I'll say.

He's a fast typer?

He works in a water treatment plant? Only has to step out back for a dive?

(kidding bob) :)

No, his boss loves him.

for some reason :wink:

People like him enough to go diving with him...

Aldora is what I'd call a "high end" dive operator in Cozumel that tends to attract the more experienced divers ... in that they offer small boats (maximum six divers per boat) and steel 120 CF cylinders for longer, deeper dives. They are more expensive than most Coz ops, but for those who want a dive op that caters to the types of dive they want to do, it's worth the extra coin.

Mossman probably doesn't like them because they do tend to attract the DIR-trained folks ... and unlike most dive ops, they do understand DIR diving configurations and preferences ...

Thanks for the info. I'll be in the area later this year, I'll be sure to schedule with them. Sounds like I'll be quite at-home with them.

Believe me, Bob dives as much as he says he does. And his post count is obvious. What's amazing is that he keeps a job . . . :)

One of my funniest post-Fundies memories involved bag shooting . . . Kirk and I were out practicing, and I managed the bag shoot, but lost buoyancy control while trying to ascend and spool up the line. I ended up on the surface, TOTALLY covered in a rat's nest of line, and I started laughing hysterically (what else can you DO at that point but laugh?). Kirk surfaced after a few seconds, and I think he thought there was something horribly wrong with me, but it was just ridiculously funny, with line everywhere.

One of my funniest post-Fundies memories involved bag shooting . . . Kirk and I were out practicing, and I managed the bag shoot, but lost buoyancy control while trying to ascend and spool up the line. I ended up on the surface, TOTALLY covered in a rat's nest of line, and I started laughing hysterically (what else can you DO at that point but laugh?). Kirk surfaced after a few seconds, and I think he thought there was something horribly wrong with me, but it was just ridiculously funny, with line everywhere.
My similar story is when I took my cousin on his first night dive, at the Catalina underwater park. He was loving the "bugs" that appeared like cockroaches skurrying from the light, until I, as the "leader" of the dive managed to get myself cocooned in kelp. I started breaking myself free which is quite easy with macrocystis (simply bend the fronds in half and they snap), but he seemed a bit nervous, so I took out my dive knife, started to cut, and he was happy. As soon as he looked away, I replaced the knife and went back to breaking myself out the manual way.

I never realized why they're called "bugs" until that dive - as it's a protected area, the lobsters blatantly expose themselves and you see the beady "bug" eyes wherever you look.

I feel compelled to note that this comment is a bit inaccurate. DCBC is indeed still a member of our community and posted as recently as last month.

I stand corrected ... I was basing my information on something I had heard from Wayne himself ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom