Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USA has already 115,000 deaths in the past 3 months.

Most governments "just tried their best" to manage the behaviour of their population. All the other factors were not known yet. Not even if we should wear masks or not. In Indonesia this failed. In Sweden as well.
This number of 486.000 would be for Indonesia only: 270.000.000 x 60% = 162.000.000. 0.3% of that is 486.000. Worst flu year in the USA 60.000 deaths. Did you find numbers of 200.000 deaths in Indonesia by the flu?

Going by the general mortality rate of flu Indah

USA has already 115,000 deaths in the past 3 months.

Questions raised over accuracy of US coronavirus death toll

“When a person with a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 dies, their death is automatically counted as a COVID-19 death unless there is another cause that completely rules out COVID-19, such as a fatal physical injury,” the spokesman said. “A pre-existing illness would not rule out COVID-19.”

Colorado counted a man who a county coroner said died of acute alcohol poisoning as a COVID-19 death.

But despite testing positive for the virus, VanBuren, who lived alone, was looked after by neighbors who said his death was from cancer and kidney failure, not COVID-19,

Once again, the death toll is very far from accurate. Too many examples of inaccurate statistics from above link and points to grossely exaggerated figures

Questions raised over accuracy of US coronavirus death toll

“When a person with a lab-confirmed case of COVID-19 dies, their death is automatically counted as a COVID-19 death unless there is another cause that completely rules out COVID-19, such as a fatal physical injury,” the spokesman said. “A pre-existing illness would not rule out COVID-19.”

Colorado counted a man who a county coroner said died of acute alcohol poisoning as a COVID-19 death.

But despite testing positive for the virus, VanBuren, who lived alone, was looked after by neighbors who said his death was from cancer and kidney failure, not COVID-19,

Once again, the death toll is very far from accurate. Too many examples of inaccurate statistics from above link and points to grossely exaggerated figures
You mentioned the lowest estimated rate of 0.3% which I use in my example. You exaggerate the numbers for the flu.

But that is not reality in Indonesia. Even not in the worst year in the USA.

Hei Indah, you said 486,000 people died of covid in Indonesia, that is not realitas in Indonesia

How did I exaggerate pak Indah?
How did you come to the number of 200.000 deaths by the flu in Indonesia?

Hei Indah, you said 486,000 people died of covid in Indonesia, that is not realitas in Indonesia
I did not say that. Not yet. Hopefully never. I wanted to show that a mortality rate of "only" 0.3% is a lot of humans if this pandemic goes on as it does. And I cannot see any reason why it would not continue until at least 60% of the population has been infected. Unless we will have a vaccine before we reach that point or the virus suddenly becomes less lethal. I do not see other solutions than protecting the most vulnerable as much as we can. Not allow meetings in enclosed and airconditioned environments and use masks in public places when you are closer than 1.5 meter to another person. For the rest? Probably just continue enjoying the amazing life we live.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom