Future aka New Normal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The article you linked is excellent. We have so many anomalies with SARS-Cov-2. This may explain a few of those anomalies.

Please explain your statement above. The information that I am garnering suggests that herd immunity from SARS-Cov-2 is much lower than 60%. Many people, and even certain demographics seem to be, as communities, somewhat immune to the virus (kids for example). If we add people who have some form of natural immunity, to the people who have gained immunity from some other form of SARS (MERS), and even the common cold, your stated 60% for herd immunity is completely blown out of the water.

Swedes were estimating that herd immunity in Stockholm would be reached at about 35%. I will search their sites to gain information on why they chose 35%.

To iterate, reasonably healthy young people who are active and fit, have relatively little to fear from SARS-Cov-2. The sky is not falling; the data is rolling in everyday. Lock down the weak, lock down the morbidly obese, and lock down people of all ages who have comorbidities and allow the healthy amongst us to fight this virus.

To date, we don't have vaccines for common colds or Corona viruses for a reason. You may be waiting for decades for an effective vaccine that does not have dangerous side affects. All countries must open their borders and allow measured communication so that countries with limited health care can cope with any outbreaks. Even Indonesia.

Wishing for this virus to go away by hiding from it will never work. Keeping the world closed down will only kill more people from economic related issues. Failing economies are deadly. Wealth is not created by printing it.

cheers,
m²V2
Actually Indah, a lot of information coming out is misleading, not accurate & contradictory. A lot has to do with politics but that is another topic that is "out there" & very taboo

I'm glad Indonesia is taking the path to setting up a travel bubble with China. I hope no more disturbance is created again in regards to travel and economies being ruined based on false & damaging information. I actually spent most of this year & at current at a remote location very far from any city in pretty much desert terrain. The people I've talked to lately who've been back to the city, say everything's gone back to normal.

So Indah, I think things aren't gonna really be so much different than before
This editorial was published on February 28, 2020. I do not see this travel bubble happening soon with China. They (China) have nothing to in and all to lose. Not as long the numbers go up here daily with 2%.

Hi Indah and DownUnderwater Dan,

The numbers coming from the US cannot be trusted. The 100,000+ death toll needs to be reviewed. A $29,000 dollar bonus is a huge incentive to intubate. I believe the bonus is $13,000 for every case. Follow the money and you will find cheating. The stories are starting to pop up. My point: Don't use U.S. numbers for comparison, they may be overblown.

Here in the USA where I have been travelling, life is getting back to normal. Most of us have easy access to government supplied data. We analyze their data and our conclusions are different from what we see on TV. SARS-Cov-2 discriminates. It is a microcosm for life itself. The weak succumb while the strong survive, and quite well I might add.

Protecting the weak is the Strategy moving forward. If you are a weak individual, physically and mentally, you should hide from SARS-Cov-2. The strong need to join the battle.

cheers,
m²V2
Does it make any difference for you to compare to Sweden, Belgium, The Netherlands, Mexico or South Africa? Or are the Illuminati behind this?

This editorial was published on February 28, 2020. I do not see this travel bubble happening soon with China. They (China) have nothing to in and all to lose. Not as long the numbers go up here daily with 2%.

Which editorial are you talking about?
The one released 2 days ago from Professor Antonio Bertoletti, an immunologist from the Duke-NUS Medical School in Singapore, and his team? About how some people not infected with covid-19 showed signs of being as result of the common cold being from the same family and sharing same make up? I believe that some of the current vaccines being attempted are also using the common cold as a blueprint for covid-19 immunity

The one released 2 days ago from Professor Antonio Bertoletti, an immunologist from the Duke-NUS Medical School in Singapore, and his team? About how some people not infected with covid-19 showed signs of being as result of the common cold being from the same family and sharing same make up? I believe that some of the current vaccines being attempted are also using the common cold as a blueprint for covid-19 immunity
*showed signs of being immune as a result

Does it make any difference for you to compare to Sweden, Belgium, The Netherlands, Mexico or South Africa? Or are the Illuminati behind this?

Or are the Illuminati behind this?

OK, now even you are calling me names! Wow, really Indah?

I trust death count information from all of those countries more than I trust the U.S. numbers. To much evidence to distrust the U.S. death count.

Indah, please indicate either CFR or IFR when quoting death rates. Using those terms will make it easier to understand your points.

This editorial was published on February 28, 2020.

No Indah, the article I am referring was published 12 June 2020.
Some Forms of Common Cold May Give COVID-19 Immunity Lasting up to 17 Years, New Research Suggests

Thanks,
m²V2

which link was the recent article? Sorry, found it.

Where is this pub?
You have to opt in someplace or other on the forum, then the threads in the pub will turn up. The rules seem to be like 1850s Wild West but shooting in the back is allowed.

It is mostly occupied by people too old to dive with the sort of views to match. Don’t make the mistake of being reasonable or trying to change minds with facts. The Coronavirus thread has 20k posts I think. Many of the arguments over death rate have been done fairly comprehensively and one or two people there can count. Mostly I find it interesting to see how far wishful thinking can go.

I trust death count information from all of those countries more than I trust the U.S. numbers. To much evidence to distrust the U.S. death count.

Indah, please indicate either CFR or IFR when quoting death rates. Using those terms will make it easier to understand your points.

Some Forms of Common Cold May Give COVID-19 Immunity Lasting up to 17 Years, New Research Suggests

Thanks,
m²V2
Th title of the sudy (not peer reviewed yet) mentions only SARS. Different pattern of pre-existing SARS-COV-2 specific T cell immunity in SARS-recovered and uninfected individuals. The second study to which the article refers says: The results suggest “one reason that a large chunk of the population may be able to deal with the virus is that we may have some small residual immunity from our exposure to common cold viruses,” says viral immunologist Steven Varga of the University of Iowa. However, neither of the studies attempted to establish that people with crossreactivity don’t become as ill from COVID-19.

Thanks,
m²V2

Where did Indah call you a name?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom