Garmin entering the dive industry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heart rate monitor works underwater,
If it's touching your skin.

I also learned that you can unlock your PDC even if you didn't think about it before the dive. I'll upload the video to youtube.

Ahem...I think that he means USER INTERFACE.. CMIIW
The UX for which Oceanic computer? That is why I thought he meant VTX when he first said UX, but UX when he said it the second time.

It is a lot more fun to guess what he meant rather than to have him say....

Ahem...I think that he means USER INTERFACE.. CMIIW
You are probably right if you use CMIIW as an abbreviation. I wonder what it is about the interface. I have several older, middle aged, and newer Oceanic computers. Maybe it's just familiarity, but they are all very easy to me. Perhaps it's because I'm an old guy and everything these days seems easy.

UX is a recentish hipster term meaning 'user experience'. Programmers aren't allowed to do UI design anymore.

I started in the 70's with Assembler. Moved to Basic, then Fortran, Pascal and LISP. Ended up using C++ for years. I know the internals of a computer pretty well.

Confession: I have no idea what my web dev daughter is talking about at work. A few years ago, the Computer Science dep at her school invited me to talk about the history of programming languages. At first I was insulted but ended up loving it because the kids were really interested in someone who had to use a CLI which they thought was way kewl. I now go back every year to talk as a dinosaur.

Last edited:
When in doubt, leave it to the giant clam
This is what happens to giant clams when they get old.
Dead Giant Clam.jpg

Here is my first video with Patrick with no editing...

I'll upload the second video I shot now. It should be live in about 15 minutes... (6:30 EST)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom