Garuda Indonesia's New Uber Cheap Fares... BUT WAIT!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

matts1w

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Jakarta, Indonesia & Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
# of dives
2500 - 4999
These should be awesome for those of us who do not always fly with scuba gear in Indonesia. However, before you buy be sure to understand the ticket restrictions including the lack of sporting gear and overhead space.

Facts about Garuda Indonesia's eco basic tickets

It'd be interesting to see how the eco basic treatment goes. Will there be strict carry-on weighing etc. Guaranteed they'll be middle seats, sadly, I'd imagine?.
I've booked flights for December/Jan with MEL-CGK and DPS-MEL being the eco basic fares. I've got internal flights CGK-MDC and MDC-DPS via UPG as the normal economy fare which has ostensibly given me 30kg allowance on all flights, according to the interim ticketing.

Anyone trying out the restricted fare class any time soon who can report?

So I guess that means get dive gear and travel needs within 20kg and don’t bring camera gear that can’t fit under your seat! :D How much cheaper is it?

Is it blatantly obvious what kind of fare it is when you buy? I am more worried about it when people by from places like Nusatrip or Tiket.com instead of direct from Garuda.

Hm, that’s even worse than United. Is that possible? :wink: at least they (United) still let you take a carry on and have priority boarding/access if you have status. They still let you accrue miles and don’t dictate overhead space (yet).

Last edited:
Seems most LCC want you to check-in online, some even charge if you don't, so as to save the cost of paying workers. Having to check in at the airport seems unique and may suggest strict weigh-ins.

But they still give you some food. Maybe 12 less meals than normal on a flight isn't a big savings (cue the salad olive story), but I find it interesting the priorities and nuances of culture and markets.

Garuda's F product made really good impressions on the travel community in the last year or two. I've yet to travel them in any class. Hopefully will not be doing so in sub-economy, but I hope to get on them soon.

So I guess that means get dive gear and travel needs within 20kg and don’t bring camera gear that can’t fit under your seat! :D How much cheaper is it?

Is it blatantly obvious what kind of fare it is when you buy? I am more worried about it when people by from places like Nusatrip or Tiket.com instead of direct from Garuda.

Hm, that’s even worse than United. Is that possible? :wink: at least they (United) still let you take a carry on and have priority boarding/access if you have status. They still let you accrue miles and don’t dictate overhead space (yet).

I think it says about 20% less.

Never mind. It won’t work for me. My diving gears already weigh about 23kg + 20kg of the camera, electronic gadgets, clothing, etc.

Not worth it for me. I end up with some long layovers in CGK, DPS, and UPG due to flight schedules. Not giving up lounge access :p

i've got fed up with Garuda... too many flights cancelled by them in the last year with huge headache for an entire group booking ... 12 pax :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom