GI Bill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DTB1981

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have been looking through the VA web site and found that they will cover the cost of the instructors course test. Dose any one know if they will cover a part of the class it self. I am sure it can be considered vocational training and or an apprinticeship and I know they cover them? It would be nice to at least get the price of the books covered or a part of the class.

the GI Bill page lists a bunch of schools that have GI Bill know-how

i would call one of them and ask to see if scuba instruction is covered:

http://www.army.com/education/gibill_education.html

also, i am sure the various instructor schools would know this. call the program
you are interested in and check with them, see what they know. they should
be able to help you apply if it's possible.

one other avenue....if you are retired....and have a disability rating....check with your local disability counselor and see if he will pony up some $$$$

I know the airforce, not sure on the other branches, will pay a one time up to 9,000$ amount for any non accredited training. I've actually been really thinking about using it to cover my Instructor.

Knight1989:
I know the airforce, not sure on the other branches, will pay a one time up to 9,000$ amount for any non accredited training. I've actually been really thinking about using it to cover my Instructor.
Is that through the AF or VA? Once we are out and dealing with the VA are we not all basically under 1 system or do the VA's rules vary by branch of service? I know amounts received can be different.

Not really sure on that one. I've been told numerous times about the program from people at or education offices, but never really asked who the program was through. I believe that the GI bill is the same for all, but I know that tuition assitance is differant by branch. I kind of think that this is an AF assitance thing, but again, not to sure.

Knight1989:
Not really sure on that one. I've been told numerous times about the program from people at or education offices, but never really asked who the program was through. I believe that the GI bill is the same for all, but I know that tuition assitance is differant by branch. I kind of think that this is an AF assitance thing, but again, not to sure.

I am still AD so I will have to ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom