GI Bill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VA will pay for instructor training IF you go to a VA approved program. They will not pay for any of the fees until you get to the instructor level. Typically people who are looking at doing a package get into one of the internship programs such as Halls diving or some of the places in Thailand. Key is the VA ed counselor has to approve what you are doing if you are not in a traditional college and that can take some talking. I'm not endorsing Halls but I do know they have made the VA system work. Of course with the prices that is the only way I would consider going there.

VA will pay $600 towards your ITC....thats all.

It's highly dependent on the person you talk to. A coworker went to the local VA office and laid out several scenarios and was told that they would pay for the classes from Day-1 but not any of the experience dives or time in between classes unless it was al already approved curriculum.

Back
Top Bottom