Gidds v. The Drysuit Round II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds:
Oh oh I'll be there with all the old dudes with the NEADC :D

Are they running their own NYDD? I heard they were going to be there, but I wasn't sure of their plans...(and we *have* to make sure we catch up with each other! :D)
Old Colony is planning on doing their dive from noon-1 at the boat ramp - what are NEADC's plans?

I dunno the times yet, I shall find out at the next meeting. I figure diving and freezing my tail off on New Years Day is more constructive than having a hangover.

Gidds:
Any other ideas about cold water gear since it gets REALLY warm around here? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure I ought to trust a SOUTHERNER

ow.

:sofa: :devil:
Please tell me you don't drawl!

mikswi:
Its important to remember that reg SIZE has little to do with if its large in your mouth or not. MOst off the shelf regs come with a standard mouthpiece. This mouthpiece can be changed to a different size for only a few dollars.

You can even send away for a custom mouthpiece. (they send you a mold, you bite it, send it back, they make a mouthpiece that fits your jawline/tooth detail exactly.)

The biggest thing here is to get a reg that your happy with and will perform in the environment that your diving in. The mouthpiece can be altered after the sale or maybe even thrown in before the sale.
i see your from palmer..
much good diving there... JK..
i can credit alot of dents in my Jeep from time spent in Palmer

Yeah. were kinda landlocked here. When I first got cert'd I didnt care. I dove the puddles and swamps, just to get under.......

Now I only dive Bigelow Hollow in Union CT, when I go out with classes or warm up for the upcoming season. Other then that its the ocean for me. This coming year I will be back to trying to find Lobsters. This past year was too busy as I was finishing up my Divemaster classes and I just didnt have time. When I went to the shore it was for a class so, I didnt get my license. THIS year however.............I am hoping to make up for a missed season.

Dents in the Jeep huh?...........Hope that's not from staying too late at the "Magic Lantern" after Amature Night!! (every other weds if your intrested!) Local LEO's wait across the street now at the trailer place, waiting for that one stupid person to get behind the wheel....

I am very fortunate in that I have someone who is willing to drive me there and back. "I dont care if you go or not but, if you come home after driving and I smell booze........your all done" (if I was to go of course LOL) I never had a DUI/DWI but how can you argue with that?

Maybe ill see you this spring.........im always on the lookout for a buddy.

Diesel298:
i see your from palmer..
much good diving there... JK..
i can credit alot of dents in my Jeep from time spent in Palmer

Ehhh...maybe I wont see you this summer. I just looked at your bio, Bro - your diving with a trans pac and doubles...your way above my league...............i'd just be slowin ya down. I carry a 16CF Pony, thats about as close as I get to your config.

I wouldnt mind though picking your brain some day while yer gearing up though, if you got the time/patience for that.

As much as I would like to go with doubles, my heart right now is in helping new people experience the sport and working with those that are uncomfortable/new to the water. I really enjoy taking someone who has reservations about diving, working with them and see the "passion" get ignited in them

I think im going to "Park" right now at Divemaster for a while till I get bored. It may be 6 months it may be 10 years.

mikswi:
Yeah. were kinda landlocked here. When I first got cert'd I didnt care. I dove the puddles and swamps, just to get under.......

Now I only dive Bigelow Hollow in Union CT, when I go out with classes or warm up for the upcoming season. Other then that its the ocean for me. This coming year I will be back to trying to find Lobsters. This past year was too busy as I was finishing up my Divemaster classes and I just didnt have time. When I went to the shore it was for a class so, I didnt get my license. THIS year however.............I am hoping to make up for a missed season.

Dents in the Jeep huh?...........Hope that's not from staying too late at the "Magic Lantern" after Amature Night!! Local LEO's wait across the street now at the trailer place, waiting for that one stupid person to get behind the wheel....

I am very fortunate in that I have someone who is willing to drive me there and back. (if I was to go of course LOL)

Maybe ill see you this spring.........im always on the lookout for a buddy.

well let me know if your gona come down this way.. do some diving..
the dents are from rocks and tress..
ive spent a fair amount of time up in the woods at the end of Coy Hill Rd area..
and lotsa beer drinkin at local campground....

Clarification on my issue with big clunky regs: sometimes when I am underwater it feels like the reg is pulling the mouth piece away from my mouth. I'm thinking this may be drag on the clunky part of the reg and the fact that the mouthpiece doesn't jibe with my jaws, which are a touch abnormally small. I also had a reg in the pool the other day that leaked a bit if I was completely upside down practicing how to deal with floaty drysuit feet. While I am complaining: some bigger regs almost touch my nose, which means a bit of fiddling is needed to clear my ears.
I have another question: how do I keep my rock boots from getting skanky? I'm not sure what they are made out of so I dunno how quick it dries but they seem like they could get yucky.

Gidds:
................[snip]....................
I have another question: how do I keep my rock boots from getting skanky? I'm not sure what they are made out of so I dunno how quick it dries but they seem like they could get yucky.

Not just the Rockboots. My whole suit gets skanky after a few dives in The Great Lakes. I don't know if it'd be better or worse with saltwater. Maybe better cause you would be rinsing after each dive or two anyway. When the suit starts to stink, I wash everything inside and out (suit and Rockboots) with a mild soap and water. Then hang up to dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom