gilboa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverbrian:
I can forsee shuttle runs for tanks to get filled with this many dives, so a few people with free truck beds would be appreciated as well.

I will have my truck with me and the bed will be empty except for the fire wood so hauling tanks to get filled will not be a problem.

When he and I and Dave got together to dive at Gilboa last summer, and he needed to refill his tanks, he just slung those heavy suckers on his back and hiked off to the fill station with a bounce in his step. When Dave and I went over later to fill ours, we tossed them in the back of my pickup and hauled them that way.

Watching Brian heading off down the road with a pair of steel 105's on his back was something to see.... tough kid!

You should slow down and wave then, as you drive by him in his pickup with your tanks.

Those are double steel HP100's not 105's. I am also infamous for forgetting that I have a stage bottle on until I am already out of the water. I had a buddy who was using double LP125's. THAT was a comedy to watch him hike down the ladder to platform by the plane. He eventually got some sanity and split them up, LOL.

Anyhow, I am figuring that with all the divers there from our group we will have a lot of tanks to move. I will also have the shirts ready to distribute, those will be located by Tom's fifth wheel trailer.

And its still 39F - but it is a warmer 39 than it was last week

rjchandler:
And its still 39F - but it is a warmer 39 than it was last week

That's a relief. Hopefully it'll be an even warmer 39 in a couple of weeks.

JF

AmyJ:
hi guys... ok.. here is the question. I think my husband and I would really like to come ( I won't speak for him). I would just like to meet everyone... but I have to admit, as much as I love underwater, I am definitely a WWW (not to mention a very very green newbie). Can I come up just to visit and hang out for awhile? (how pathetic is that?)
Amy,
Don and I are planning to come down too and meet everyone. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone and to get a feel for the place. We had planned to come down last summer but we were sidetracked when Don was medically unable to dive for most of the summer. When we do dive (after the water warms up a bit) it will definitely be shallow.
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

The weatherman says it's going to start warming up next week. Maybe the water will get up into the high 39's by mid-april...

Tiny Bubbles:
The weatherman says it's going to start warming up next week. Maybe the water will get up into the high 39's by mid-april...

Man. I may just wear my 3/2. It just can't get any better than that.

JohnF

Back
Top Bottom