Ginnie Eye Collapse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought about that Pete. Both systems have been connected by dye trace, so it's possible whatever the surge was that caused the issue at Gilchrist two weeks ago was related.

How's the current flow? I'm worried that too much is being pumped out between the two springs.

Probably not connected, but Gilchrest Blue is not that far away.
Could be -- many think these two systems are connected. Dye tests have shown a connection.

Unlike Ginnie Ballroom and Devils' Eye/Ear which are NOT connected.

I am told that the water plant is connected to Ginnie's water source and not the water source for Devil's. So if Devil's and Gilcrest are connected that would make an interesting how the water flows underground as Gilcrest is next to the water plant.

I am told that the water plant is connected to Ginnie's water source and not the water source for Devil's
I have never heard that but it makes sense based on where the pumps are physically located, just beside the Ginnie office.

Nestle pumps out over a million gallons a day, while Seven Springs pumps out somewhat less. The combined flow of Gilchrist Blue (40) and the Devil's system (80) is 120 million. I have no idea what the Ball Room pushes out.

I have never heard that but it makes sense based on where the pumps are physically located, just beside the Ginnie office.

Ok that makes sense now. I thought they were pumping at the water plant.

Ok that makes sense now. I thought they were pumping at the water plant.
I am pretty sure they are pumping right there at the office - that little building to the right of the office double doors and pumping from there to the water plant.

I am pretty sure they are pumping right there at the office - that little building to the right of the office double doors and pumping from there to the water plant.

You are probably right. I've always wondered what that holding tank next to the office was for. So if they are pumping the water there, now I know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom