Glove Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBA482

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for some ideas on making a glove type adapter to hold my Intova lights...I like the "Goodman Glove" style with the metal handle that I can bolt or strap my lights to, but wondering if anybody has other ideas on making something that can hold lights similar to the above listed glove or the hid type lights used by DIR or cave folks...I'm all ears

yeah...like that

I bolted a head holder to a loop of stitched two inch neoprene and Velcro.

I bolted a head holder to a nylon and Velcro and plastic, wrist guard, the rollerblade thumb hole things after taking the palm angular plastic bit out.

I've not been impressed with they way these mounts work. I don't have the Oxycheq light sock, but I have a different brand for an Intova-like light.

I bolted a head holder to a loop of stitched two inch neoprene and Velcro.

I bolted a head holder to a nylon and Velcro and plastic, wrist guard, the rollerblade thumb hole things after taking the palm angular plastic bit out.

Can you post some pics?

I've not been impressed with they way these mounts work. I don't have the Oxycheq light sock, but I have a different brand for an Intova-like light.

Why not? What has been the issues you have had with them?

If the light is too long the left and right motion is an issue with those socks and that's why I made something different but if the light is shorter but moves around just a little too much due to the nature of the soft fabric for what it's worth there is an easy fix.

Just take a piece of PVC or any heavy plastic and cut it to the size/shape of the top of your hand and thread it on one of the bungees that the Light Sock uses to hold it to your hand. In effect you are just reinforcing the fabric with hard plastic when it lays on the top of your hand.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom