Glove promo is over/post reviews here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I e-mailed Roy that I wish I'd had my pair yesterday when freediving, in order to get to the bottom more quickly, and I also think they will have a great application in u/w photography when you need to spin really quickly to shoot the elusive fish, and don't want to kick up the bottom with your fins.

I agree that they probably look dorky as heck, but I look forward to giving them a try!

I sent Roy a PM and would like to give them a try. I have to work in some close and tight spaces. I am looking at the gloves as a way to back up rather than move forward.

Red 5

You should think about a run for congress! I'll run your campaign!

Thanks for your words of wisdom and support. By the way, Did I send you a pair? We must have mailed a hundred.

Roy

Thanks Roy for letting divers try your gloves for free. You don't get an offer like that too often these days.

Some time ago, there was another offer for divers to try Neil Med, a sinus rinse. After using the product, and it worked so well, I promoted it a lot of non-divers and they loved it too. So, good things can come out of free trials.

FWIW, I don't know whether I am getting a pair of gloves or not, but I just wanted to say "Thanks".

The best argument YET!

Those are great points dumpsterdiver.

You are correct. The #1 reason, "The energy expended (which translates into oxygen used which is relative to time under water)is greater than the advantage (thrust/propulsion) realized. Simply, input does not equal output.

A substantial (and controllable) increase in surface area is PART of the solution.
In the beginning most will experience fatigue sooner (using more oxygen)than normal because of their physical condition ie; strength and lung capacity, and inexperience (technique) in the use of the gloves.
Simply, Bigger is better and it helps if you know how to use it.

I can see the hazards in flailing about with your hands. Good point! And I would never suggest that. This glove was designed to "enhance performance" not completely change the manner in which you use your hands. I've spent way more time watching the way humans move about while scuba diving than I have actually spent diving. It's been my experience that MOST will use their hands far more than they will admit...at least in the company of their instructor!

It's reassuring to have someone with the knowledge and experience of over 1000 dives set it all aside long enough to look at what might be possible.

Thanks dumpster diver

I e-mailed Roy that I wish I'd had my pair yesterday when freediving, in order to get to the bottom more quickly, and I also think they will have a great application in u/w photography when you need to spin really quickly to shoot the elusive fish, and don't want to kick up the bottom with your fins.

I agree that they probably look dorky as heck, but I look forward to giving them a try!

I agree with you Deb!!!

carriemack,

Did you e-mail me with your info? if you did then you will recieve your gloves soon.

We have had such a terrific response that I might have let someone slip through the cracks. If so I'll make it right just let me know.

Ain't this FUUUNNN!

"Devolution"
dev-o-lu-tion [ dev-uh-loo-shuhn ]

Backward evolution is the notion that a species may evolve into a more "primitive" form.

The Devolution Begins

Just an FYI, my totally free Dark Fin gloves arrived today in the mail. My first impression is "cool" they look like they will do the job nicely. I cannot wait to try them out, particularly on those long distance marathon dives I like to do. I am looking forward to seeing how they perform.

As it happened, I was on my way to the Dive shop to pick up 4 of my tanks, and brought them along. There were 6 skeptics when I pulled them out of the very slick zip lock packaging. By the time I left the shop, 5 of them at least wanted to try them, and because they teach for handicapped and war wounded solders, and even blind folks. The dive shop was also very interested for that purpose as well. I was lucky to have gotten out of the store with them, good thing I brought them a dozen donuts as well. Anyway, I am looking forward to trying them out, and letting the dive shop pass them around and try them as well. Great concept, packaging, and I'm excited for you Roy. Everyone should keep an open mind, and at least try them and keep in mind all the folks that might benefit, like those missing legs, and people like me, that want a bit more horsepower.

Back
Top Bottom