Good Bye Matt (SFL Diver)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My most heartfelt condolences to you, Mardie, and to all of Matt's family and friends. :hugs:

Wow, too sad....what was his previous avatar?

I only just met Matt at the last Thanksgiving VB Get together, but have enjoyed (and learned) a lot from his posts. I'm glad I got to meet him. He was a great person, and very unique.

Having been through the same kind of loss recently, I know exactly how you're feeling and wish you the best. You and your family are in my thoughts.

My condolences to his family. We've lost a great person!

ShakaZulu:
Wow, too sad....what was his previous avatar?
Matt had many avatars through the years. The most recient one was very funny but not right for his passing so I asked scuba_Jenny to remove it. One of the ones he liked to use was a chipanzee driving a car but I can't find it.
m

Attachments

• mgb-hbackfist.jpg
    mgb-hbackfist.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 113
  • mgb-xmas.jpg
    mgb-xmas.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 109
  • myeye2.jpg
    myeye2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 84
  • magichelmet2.jpg
    magichelmet2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 109
  • reefsweep061006.jpg
    reefsweep061006.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 103
Mardi, I just did a quick image search on Google and I believe that Matt used the photo from this newspaper article...at least that's what I remember it to look like.

med_chimp_driver.jpg

I am so sorry to hear about Matts passing, it feels like it was only a couple of weeks ago that I saw him at Venice Beach, for the turkey fry.

He was a good man and the conversation we did have however short it was was great to have had with such a respected fellow diver.
With that said I dug around and did manage to find a picture that was posted from that day and here it is.

If you and your family need anything let me know.
Turkey_Day

I cherish the memories of diving and socializing with Matt over the past 14 years. Matt endeared himself to Chris and me at our wedding celebration. He was a true and steadfast friend.
We are going through our pictures now. Our thoughts are with you.
Jim and Chris Guld

Holy canolies. I just spotted ScubaFools sig line and thought, "OMG what is he talking about," then I went searching and found this thread :sad: How absolutely dreadful this is to hear. I am so totally and utterly shocked.

My condolences Mardi. That is all I can think to say right now. I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you must be feeling.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom