Got some cash burning a hole in my pocket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the great advice! It actually looks like I might be able to get the best of both worlds. Found an Aeris xr2 for 200.00 and the dive shop said they can do the course for 150.00.

Anyone have any gripes with the XR2?

My opinion:
If you have made it this far without a computer, you can keep going. I was taught on a computer. It is now nothing more than a fancy backup to my depth gauge/bottom timer. I recommend nitrox, just watch your CNS clock. After that take advanced nitrox and use O2 to speed up off gassing at your safety stop. You can come off almost as clean of N2 afterward and that makes me feel better.

To Be Fair:
A computer can extend bottom times. If your buddies dive with computers, it is nice to be down longer with them. If you go this route, I like the Suunto Viper Air. It is nitrox compatible up to 99%.

What he said. Or, since you're already un-addicted to the computer, use the money toward GUE Fundamentals which includes nitrox and eschews computers. I've never heard of anyone who didn't think it was great bang for the buck.
Good luck with the flaming pants.

There is a LDS in VA Beach that does it for around $120 including books.

Back
Top Bottom