Greater Tampa Area VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

steintheman:
Howdy all! Is there room around here for another Stein? The pics look great!

Our other Stein isn't "da man" :confused: Uh oh, I smell trouble brewing :wink: Hey seriously, welcome to our lil world.

Don't know if you seen it but there is a gathering you and the family may enjoy. it is next week at Hudson Grotto. Look under Florida Conch then Central Florida Trips and Marketplace.

This weekend some of us are driving down to the WPB area on Saturday. Doing a couple night shore dives then doing charter boat diving on Sunday morning (there is a thread somewhere.)

Anyway, what I am trying to say is we dive a lot. There's always someone doing something, so keep an eye out if you would like to dive :)

A couple of us were diving this past Wednesday. If you would like to have a look at the report it is here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=153359

Missdirected:
... This weekend some of us are driving down to the WPB area on Saturday. Doing a couple night shore dives then doing charter boat diving on Sunday morning (there is a thread somewhere.)...

BUGS!

good morning all hope everyone is goin to have a great day i myself am about to hit the roadand head to paradise springs if i can find it =) well all enjoy and have a nice afternoon
thanks for all the nice welcomes from you all
Dennis

Divergirl4u:
Nice pics .... I am doing the Sheridan and Blackthorne for the first time this saturday I can't wait ... anybody interested in joining a private charter call 813-850-1098 and ask for Dane ... anything going on Sunday???
Kim P
divergirl4u@yahoo.com

Talk them into double dipping on Sheridan - well I would anyway. Kim, if you have a camera - BRING IT. Ask GulfcoastDiver about the octopus. I'm in FtL this Saturday. I really appreciate you asking.

The Sheridan was amazing today … my first time to dive her 8 am on the dive site was great … the bait fish where jumping out of the water, huge schools where stretched across the entire site. I love to watch the fish ball up and spread apart; what a beautiful site. The Sheridan sat in about 80ft of water and is a fun wreck to dive she has great swim troughs and lots of rooms to explore. Goliath groupers and barracudas made the ship home and I was their guest.

The Blackthorn site is covered in sea grass and tons of small fish play hide and seek as I swim by … the ship itself is broken up all over the artificial reef and offers many place to explore with your flashlight. This was an interesting dive with lots of life but nothing like the Sheridan.

The Rube Allen site was a fun dive. It was an artificial reef with lots of big culverts for sea life to hide in and it offers some fun swim troughs. On this dive I was under the observation of schools of Barracudas with the small ones hanging around at the bottom with me. The gulf is a amazing place and I am happy to have had the chance to spend my day with her.

3 dives back at the dock by 2pm … what a great day!

77ft

78ft

46ft

This was a private charter … Dane is the man who can get the boats in the Tampa/Sarasota area. I would recommend him to any of my friends and divers.

Need a boat call 813-850-1098 ask for Dane

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom