Greater Tampa Area VI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everybody! I'm new to this group and I'm stuck in Tampa, on land, this weekend. And so I have the time to post. Hope the fortunate ones are blowing bubbles the next couple of days.

I'm thinking about a scooter for beach dives off Venice. Reading through the manual on line, I felt that replacing the batteries were a chore- especially in between dives. Any pearls of wisdom? (I was thinking about a seadoo GTI)

sgj:
Hello everybody! I'm new to this group and I'm stuck in Tampa, on land, this weekend. And so I have the time to post. Hope the fortunate ones are blowing bubbles the next couple of days.

I'm thinking about a scooter for beach dives off Venice. Reading through the manual on line, I felt that replacing the batteries were a chore- especially in between dives. Any pearls of wisdom? (I was thinking about a seadoo GTI)

Hiya, glad you made it this way. Kind of quiet around here on the weekends. Don't have any info to share in reference to scoots. If you are looking for sharks teeth though - I think it would be a hinderance as there are teeth everywhere to stop and pick-up.

Missdirected:
Hiya, glad you made it this way. Kind of quiet around here on the weekends. Don't have any info to share in reference to scoots. If you are looking for sharks teeth though - I think it would be a hinderance as there are teeth everywhere to stop and pick-up.

I have seen the aftermath of using a scooter to blow out a hole to come back to later and search around. The bonus is it can roll over a LOT of bottom quickly.. the downside is the water is cloudy for a while and if your off somewhere else another diver can come through and pick out some great finds. :)

I'd say the scooter would be good to pull you out on the surface farther from the beach, then submerge. A charge on one of those things is supposed to last an hour, so I'd think it would only be good for 1 dive, pull you out, and pull you in.

Considering an average dive lasts 100+ minutes... it would die if used continuously on the first dive.

Not to mention, I've made an entire 100+ minute dive in a 50 yard area

Missdirected:
Tech are you guys diving tomorrow?

Venice (cheap)
I will be diving 3 tanks on Saturday.

I have 1/2 tank left from a 45 minute dive on Friday. I will dive that from 7:00 until 8:00 AM

I will be up to switch tanks and meet with everyone between 8 & 8:30 AM

I will dive 2 tanks and then be ready to eat lunch (not like I need the food for 5-6 weeks, but I will feel the need for it)

I will be diving with the son on Sunday at Venice... Rich is out of town on business this weekend, but will be back next weekend

purduepete007:
I'd say the scooter would be good to pull you out on the surface farther from the beach, then submerge. A charge on one of those things is supposed to last an hour, so I'd think it would only be good for 1 dive, pull you out, and pull you in.

That's what I had in mind, just to pull an older (sic) diver out to the site to submerge and then to get back to the shore, for the long walk back to the car...
I wonder if it can be turned off and on while submerged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom