Greetings from the Blue Grass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KYDan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
:snorkel: New to scuba and new to this board.

I asked a couple of questions to help me plan my upcoming trip to French Polynesia and recieved a friendly welcome. From that and reading postings in some of the forums, it seems like a lot of nice, helpful folks participate around here. I've already learned a bunch by "dry diving" with you guys.

Good manners dictate that I introduce myself to the members.

My wife and I have snorkled a bit, but we are brand new to scuba--certified in February. I know that means we have a lot to learn.

My experiences with the scuba community so far have been very positive. I'm looking forward to getting involved with the sport you guys seem to enjoy so much.

KYDan, Lexington

if you haven't done so yet, check out the KPP site in the NDI section. those guys are a blast, but f you're from lexington, you probably already know some of them

As Big T said check out the KPP section. We post alot of local trips there. We get out pretty regularly in the summer and we get together for dinner and such year round.

I hope to see you soon.

Chad

The KPP people are funny, funny guys (and girls). Hope to meet you on an outing, I have yet to be in the water with them, should be an interesting experience to say the least.

Rachel

expect the wierd schtuff when diving with the likes of the KPP. I would suggest being efficent at self rescue, self-detanglement, and self-buddy breathing.....you'll understand if you take a gander at some of the stories.....

I plan to wear water wings and a snorkel and just follow from the surface, that way I'll know what to expect if I ever decide to go under the water....

R

if you want to brave being the surface support...you go right ahead, better you than me...as for the dive you probably won't be able to see much unless we're in a pool or something....those damn quarries have lovely viz.

I'll do the surface support in the pool, me with the snorkel and mask on the surface watching you do mask and reg drills in the deep end. :D

No really, I'll probably just do the dive and hope like hell y'all go easy on me as the newbie first-timer.

R

Yes, I've lurked the KPP site for a couple of weeks. Because (or in spite of :) )what I've read there I've decided to come out of the "dive locker", as it were. I'm always up for a good story and a fun event--as long as my stamina holds out.

We were trained by GUEDiver. Did our open water dives at Ginny Springs and the Blue Grotto.

I'm looking forward to meeing the KPP folks in person.

KYDan

KYDan once bubbled...
Yes, I've lurked the KPP site for a couple of weeks. Because (or in spite of :) )what I've read there I've decided to come out of the "dive locker", as it were. I'm always up for a good story and a fun event--as long as my stamina holds out.

We were trained by GUEDiver. Did our open water dives at Ginny Springs and the Blue Grotto.

I'm looking forward to meeing the KPP folks in person.

KYDan

Nothing Ed says about me is true.

Except how good looking I am. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom