Greetings to all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cnar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, this is my first post here but I've spent a few months reading advice in the forums. I live in the Caribbean, Barbados to be exact and I'm hoping to be a new diver in the next few months. I'll be signing up for the OWC shortly. I've been snorkeling for a while and only recently did diving hit my radar. With white sandy beaches I should be able to shore dive in the future quite easily :D.

I'm quite comfortable in the water, despite a few setbacks during my lifetime (being stung by a man-of-war in my pre-teen years, caught underwater in fishing wire while snorkeling - 2 months ago). I've had quite a few adventures and despite the risk I think diving is safer with good training and greater rewards. I hope to find some dive buddies locally as well. Currently snorkeling for me is a 1 man affair since I can spend 3-4 hours in the water. Most persons I know can't fathom that length of time or the depth when you swim out from shore.

I guess we'll see how it goes.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

:admingreet:

Best of luck.

Welcome to Scubaboard…look around for there is something for everyone. I hope you enjoy the diving course...your OW is jsut the begginning to a brand new world.

~Michael~

:wave::wave::wave:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom