Gulf Coast Oil Spill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. They're frying turltles alive and God knows what else in the burnoffs. This whole mess is just unimaginable.

I concur, I was horrified when I read some 450 odd turtles had been trapped in the oil and burnt to death in the burnoffs.

I mean :shakehead:...........there's just no words for it.!

Surely, surely in this modern day and age they could do something to ensure they rescue the turtles before burning the whole thing off, and to top it the turtles were I understand, endangered.!

I just think BP is in such a flat spin right now with their stocks collapsing and the pressure of the spill increasing daily, they cant think straight, they seem to be making decisions that a rational company would avoid - I dont know,...... just get the turtles out of the oil before its burnt da**it.

Where did the number of turtles come from? I'm all for saving sea turtles, and feel that some people are taking liberties to make out BP to be some monster that they are not. BP contends that they are instructed to look for turtles before lighting things up.

It's funny how they have arrived at a number, with no supporting metrics and absolutely no pictures of these perished turtles. The oil spill needs to be stopped, but let's not resort to eco-terrorism to make it seem worse than it actually is. Base your mortification on facts and not on fiction.

Though it doesn't discuss turtle being burned, here is a link with a different view than some of the news sources have.

Transocean Deepwater Horizon Explosion

It's funny how they have arrived at a number, with no supporting metrics and absolutely no pictures of these perished turtles. The oil spill needs to be stopped, but let's not resort to eco-terrorism to make it seem worse than it actually is. Base your mortification on facts and not on fiction.

Yeah, I agree, "please dont shoot the messenger" :D -but, in honesty, I think NEWS 24 is a fairly well respected source, so I trust (hope) they would have verified their source.

Back
Top Bottom