Haigh Quarry - May 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I guess not, considering I just checked my computer and 2 1/2 weeks ago it was 43. So maybe 50 by now? Probably 43 by the truck/lark. But hey - you did fine at Gilboa so you'll have no problem here.

Thanks, I am not sweating it but I am still diving wet and like to be prepared. (My drysuit class is the following week) It was 45 at Gilboa and I did 2 dives that day but the surface temp was 80. I don't think it will be that nice this weekend so I am just getting my mind in the game (as well as driving to the dive shop to pick up a pair of dive socks to keep my feet nice and warm.

Last weekend (Apr 26) Pearl Lake was 41F!

I was fine until my gloves flooded at about 70ft and that sent a shiver through-out my system. Recovered for the momentary jolt and continued the dive.

I'm going to be at Haigh too. My son's doing the drysuit class with Duane.

Hi Beth, are you planning on diving with your son and his class or just lallygagging like the rest of us? We'd love to have you join us so we can put a face to a name.

Last weekend (Apr 26) Pearl Lake was 41F!

I was fine until my gloves flooded at about 70ft and that sent a shiver through-out my system. Recovered for the momentary jolt and continued the dive.

Oh Kyphur, at least you were able to continue the dive. Once you are cold it is hard to warm up or quit thinking about being cold.

Oh Kyphur, at least you were able to continue the dive. Once you are cold it is hard to warm up or quit thinking about being cold.

It won't be bad. When we were at Gilboa, I hit 37 degrees at 67 feet and I was fine diving wet. The trick is being able to warm up between dives. Now, since you've said you're bringing a heater, it won't be a problem at all. And with the temps Saturday, I'm sure we'll be fine. 80 would be nicer, but it will be in the mid 60's. It's going to be a great day!

I would love to be there....but sounds like i'll be doing my check outs probably this weekend...I hope...been waiting all winter for them. Hope that ya'll have fun and hope to catch ya'll next time.

I would love to be there....but sounds like i'll be doing my check outs probably this weekend...I hope...been waiting all winter for them. Hope that ya'll have fun and hope to catch ya'll next time.

Dont worry about kj we will be there many more times over the summer and you are more than welcome to join us next time. I know that I plan on being at the quarry Memorial Day weekend also so I am sure we will meet up some day soon.

Where are completing your check out dives? If you are going to be at Haigh, stop on by while on a break or before you head out. My fins are hot pink so you can't miss me (even in crappy vis :D ).

Back
Top Bottom