Hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would a bandana be suitable ?
In Red sea, I saw a lot female instructor having long hair wearing a light cotton bandana during the dive.

Bang-wrangler. Go to Women's Perspective sub-forum. You'll find the thread (s) about taming hair. And many other subjects specific to women divers.

have tried a hood already - starts out ok, but slips back on top of my head and lets the hair out...will take a look at the other products mentioned - thanks

Ah, I could see that happening. I have long enough hair that I can braid it, then wear the lycra swim cap, then put the hood on but I only wear hoods and lycra cap when it is cold out. When it's not cold out at all, I just use the Goody Spin Pins. I hope you find something that works!

Thin elastic headband. Mine is a little longer so I put the top up in a ponytail. Sticks up in the water when I'm not swimming but easy to know who I am underwater.

have tried a hood already - starts out ok, but slips back on top of my head and lets the hair out...will take a look at the other products mentioned - thanks

That likely means your hood is too big. :wink:

Another vote for a Bang Wrangler, basically a silicone headband. I sometimes wear one to control the wispies before putting on a well-fitted hood. No hair is working its way out :D

Back
Top Bottom