Hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Becca65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
so, does anyone have any ideas about how to keep your hair out of your face when diving? I cut my hair short, but don't really like it, so letting it grow out again. Not long enough for a ponytail yet, have tried an hood and a do-rag but neither keep my hair out of my face.

The BangWrangler was discussed in a thread a few years ago, I find that it works fairly well for me.

I have something I love, but I got it at a dive show and there's no name on it. This is it or fairly close to it. This large head band is specially made for scuba diving & seems to work with the short hair I had before as well as the long hair I have now.

Before this, I used barrettes but they often fell out or got rusty.

Though some need to work a bit to tuck it all in, I've never seen anyone here using a hood (which is everyone, always....) have a hair problem, student divers included. I used a swimmer's cap my one tropical trip, but I have NO problem with hair, hood or not.......

Diving cap with velcro strap that goes under the jawline. Love it!!

PS. I burnt a few tiny holes on the top so the air wouldn't get trapped :)

Lycra swim cap (not silicone). I wear one under my hood to control my hair and to make it easier to get my hood on. When your hair gets long enough for a ponytail, I swear by the Goody Spin Pins. They hold all day long.

have tried a hood already - starts out ok, but slips back on top of my head and lets the hair out...will take a look at the other products mentioned - thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom