Halcyon Prouduction, DIR, and ironic facts of life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man,

Post 1 from a new dude and people are buying it. Call me a cynic but I don't. I sent a PM to the author asking for an email from gue.com. (I can tell a real from a fake and if I get it I promise to eat some crow here.) but jeez this looks like a sock puppet to me.

And as a pro-Halcyon person, I'd like to think it's real but I just can't buy it.

James

I can understand why you guys with the staple problems are upset. But I clearly think your blame is misplaced. You should be upset with the distributor, not the manufacturer.

If the distributor says that halcyon won't replace the wing then it's up to the distributor to fix the problem by giving you a new wing or refunding your money. The distributor can end their relationship with halycon at any time if they feel they are being mistreated.

I think it is just as likely the punctures were caused by EE as halycon. Regardless you have the direct relationship with EE and they should take care of the problem. Telling you to call Halcyon to solve the problem yourself is unprofessional. I would have asked for an immediate refund at that point.

Hi all

I had a little problem with a Halcyon product so I e-mailed Halcyon for some advice on how to fix/repair/replace.

They promtley replyed and offered to send a replacement free of charge to Australia.
I accecpted this of course.

BTW they were aware that This item was out of Warranty.

I'd say they stand behind the products they maunfacture.

This is Great Customer Service :D

jasondbaker once bubbled...
Telling you to call Halcyon to solve the problem yourself is unprofessional. I would have asked for an immediate refund at that point.

I took it upon myself to call halcyon as things seemed to be at a standstill and i still had no wing. You are right as the supplier should have taken care of me with a new wing asap.

It was a painful learning experience for me that i hope i dont have to go through again. I gave halcyon a second chance with me thanks to dave sweetin. If it wasnt for him i would not own one piece of their gear. Its a good thing i emailed them even after calling them.

If a product can be easily damaged during transportation, the manufacturer should either modify the product to prevent the damage or pack the product in such a way that integrity is guaranteed (sealed in PE with a writing outside that reads: check the envelope for integrity and return it without opening if damaged); dealer would be protected and consumer as well.
Just my 2 cents.

James Goddard once bubbled...
Man,

Post 1 from a new dude and people are buying it. Call me a cynic but I don't. I sent a PM to the author asking for an email from gue.com. (I can tell a real from a fake and if I get it I promise to eat some crow here.) but jeez this looks like a sock puppet to me.

And as a pro-Halcyon person, I'd like to think it's real but I just can't buy it.

James

I e-mailed jj last week about the DIR(tm) thread and hyperlinked him right to Scubaboard.

Sounds like him to me, but who knows?

Man,

James
Well it's anecdotal evidence at best, but Jarrod is supposed to be in Sydney this week teaching DIR-F and Tech 1 courses, leading up to the "International Dive Expo Australia 2003", 12-14 September. The posting was made from a Sydney ISP server.

Almost forgot - "James - you're a cynic"! :)

Welcome to ScubaBoard Jarrod.

Jarrod!!! I have a complaint about my Pioneer wing!!!! Man, the stiches around the belt strap holes are not perfectly straight!!!! :lol: Just teasing (although they really aren't aligned with the rubber slot) I just had my first dive with my new Pioneer 27 this weekend! Absolulety wonderful! It was my first night dive, then the next day, my first Nitrox dive.

My dealer lent me an old AL plate while they were waiting for new stocks of AL plates. So I got a feel of the new rig and all and was able to use my MC, without having to wait for stocks to arrive! :)

What's great about your new and upcoming inflator?

Just a comment though... how come the OMS AL BP seems to be smoother (deburred better) than the Halcyon one? At least the one that I saw... I think it was a 1 year old Halcyon plate... was your manufacturing different back then? I haven't seen or felt any new Halcyon plates yet since I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. :)

Anyway, just wanted to say that I really, really, really, really enjoyed my dive a whole lot more with my new MC!!! :)

I'm now saving up to get either the Surf Shuttle or Diver's Raft for myself this Christmas! :D

Scubaroo once bubbled...
Well it's anecdotal evidence at best, but Jarrod is supposed to be in Sydney this week teaching DIR-F and Tech 1 courses, leading up to the "International Dive Expo Australia 2003", 12-14 September. The posting was made from a Sydney ISP server.

Almost forgot - "James - you're a cynic"! :)

Welcome to ScubaBoard Jarrod.

You may well be right about that unless JJ's in the habit of responding to random messages at 3:30 am Florida time. No doubt in my mind it's him. Who else in the forums is that considerate in the wording of posts? 8)

JohnF

Man,

James

If you do, how about changing your signature line to read:

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in a singularity
:D

But if it IS a sock puppet, my money is on Sea Jay. Him and Genesis are the only two I know who can write a post that long and I somehow don't see Genesis arguing with himself... :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom