Halcyon Prouduction, DIR, and ironic facts of life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh and BTW, Welcome JJ.

I too am a happy Halcyon owner, but have not taken the DIR-F course yet. I have studied videos and read the book and am working on developing my skill techniques. Maybe I'll be fortunate enough to have you instruct my DIR-F class when I get to take it. R

RavenC once bubbled...

When I read this I thought I might have to vouch for him but Scubaroo verified it. LOL

That's a good one though. I think he would be flattered that you would think he could pull it off. HAHAHAHA R
I think most of us have figured out who SeaJay's sockpuppet(s) are by now....and I don't think this is one of them. :wink:

Jarrod,

I think there are many of us on this board that are very pleased with your products. A search thru the posts, while time consuming, will reveal many positive reviews of Halcyon because of your customer service and quality of your products.

Of course, any negative comments will stand out in front of those of us that are happy. All in all though, I think that most people are quite happy with their product or you'd see many more negative reviews. Those negative reviews are important to those that posted them, but in retrospect they are few and far between.

Dive safe,

Jack

I'm not trying to be a wise-acre, but this is somthing that occurred to me. I've seen pictures of cave divers with long hair. It seems that long hair might cover up tank valves, or pose an entanglement possibility. On the other hand, having one's head near-shaved would sacrifice padding and maybe some insulation. DIR is supposed to examine and consider every aspect of a diver's configuration. Is there a DIR recommended optimum hair length?

ew1usnr once bubbled...
I'm not trying to be a wise-acre, but this is somthing that occurred to me. I've seen pictures of cave divers with long hair. It seems that long hair might make cover up tank valves, or pose an entanglement possibility. On the other hand, having one's head near-shaved would sacrifice padding and may some insulation. DIR is supposed to examine and consider every aspect of a dive's configuration. Is there a DIR recommended optimum hair length?
...right near the section about how often to shine your jackboots and where to clip off your Hitler youth knife.

@#*&!@&! troll, back under the rock with you!

most of my gear is Halcyon gear and i am happy with, i have had one problem with a light cord that was promptly fixed, no complaints so far :)

i wish i had as much luck with my drysuits.....that is still an ongoing nightmare :(

O-ring once bubbled...

I think most of us have figured out who SeaJay's sockpuppet(s) are by now....and I don't think this is one of them. :wink:

I thought Cave Diver's comment was very funny. I've been suspect so many times of being a sockpuppet myself. Heck I think Uncle Pug still isn't sure. LOL Well, I had to show my c-card this weekend to prove I wasn't rented to pretend to be Raven. LOL

There should also be a required number of teeth to hold the reg in your mouth properly!! Velcro'ing it to your lips would not be proper.... :D

O-ring once bubbled...

...right near the section about how often to shine your jackboots and where to clip off your Hitler youth knife.

@#*&!@&! troll, back under the rock with you!

ew1usnr once bubbled...
Is there a DIR recommended optimum hair length?
No, but a hood is recommended :)

Roak

Like many I own a goodly variety of products. I own some Halcyon stuff, some DR some OMS and even some no name stuff

I have this variety because I feel some manufacturer's products are better than others.

The Halcyon products I own consist of a 27# pioneer, a 55# explorer, an 18w/9a helios, an SS BP, a scout, a and spool

I have never once had a problem with either wing. The 27# was bought in early '01 and has been thru some rough times. The 55# is a little newer but sees the inside of NE wrecks and has never had a problem.

'03 though seems to be a bad year for my lights. My scout flooded (luckily in FW). After surfacing I realized I had backed it off to far - my bad. Light still works though!. Just last month the cord on my helios broke (one of the internal wires cracked) After contacting Halcyon (first spoke to Bob, then Dave S) I had an RMA and was told it would be fixed under warranty even though I bought it in april of 2002. I had it back within a week.

Also - A buddy of mine has a 10W pro6 back in 2002. He had striking problems with it. JJ sent him a proto type of the redesigned 10W light head so he would have a working light for an upcoming class. That is service

maybe a lot comes down to how someone presents themselves. If you demand something and act like an ape, no banana for you. If you ask nicely I think you're more likely to not have an ******* tax imposed <G>

Bill

Back
Top Bottom